73 Urethane Bumper

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MNMustang73

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mach 1
I just found a 73 Grande for parts??? I especially need a Bumper for my 73 Mach 1. Before I drag this car home I have a question. Is the Urethane bumper the same on all 73 Mustangs? I'm 99% sure that they are but I would rather ask now and on this site where I can count on an accurate answer.

Finally, this car has a running 351C-2V. I have no idea what this engine is worth so any input on its value is appreciated.

Thanks

I just found a 73 Grandé for parts??? I especially need a Bumper for my 73 Mach 1. Before I drag this car home I have a question. Is the Urethane bumper the same on all 73 Mustangs? I'm 99% sure that they are but I would rather ask now and on this site where I can count on an accurate answer.

Finally, this car has a running 351C-2V. I have no idea what this engine is worth so any input on its value is appreciated.

Thanks
The bumper is the same for all models. The engine value is market driven. I have turned the down for $150 for a standard bore. The engine is worth more to the original vehicle will have matching numbers. A partial VIN # is stamped on the engine block just below the Left Hand cylinder head at the rear. Having matching VIN can change price of car by 50% at times.

Thanks for the reply and the info. I am going to pick up the car tomorrow. I'm not sure what if anything will be done with the engine since I have no use for it??? I will ask around to see if anyone needs a 351c otherwise, the car is full of parts that I can use or salvage for resale.

MNMustang73, as David said the 73 front bumpers are the same for all models. The way I look at it, ANY 351C that you find that is still running and/or a complete engine is worth "Snagging". Good engine cores are becoming harder to find as many have been used up in racing and normal wear and tear over the past 40+ years. If the Grande body is beyond saving, it's still a wealth of parts (fasteners, brackets, etc) that you may be able to sell and recoup some of your original purchase cost if you don't need them.

MNMustang73, as David said the 73 front bumpers are the same for all models. The way I look at it, ANY 351C that you find that is still running and/or a complete engine is worth "Snagging". Good engine cores are becoming harder to find as many have been used up in racing and normal wear and tear over the past 40+ years. If the Grandé body is beyond saving, it's still a wealth of parts (fasteners, brackets, etc) that you may be able to sell and recoup some of your original purchase cost if you don't need them.
Thanks for the info on the bumper. I was about 99.5% sure that the bumpers were the same and figured that I could get the the answer on the site.

I am by no means an expert on Mustangs so this site and the wealth of knowledge shared on the site are invaluable to me. To be perfectly honest, my wife and I stumbled onto this Mach 1 and it was a deal too good to pass up (I think???) so we are now owners of a 73 Mach 1 Q code with the original engine and tranny. Its a project car for sure but I enjoy every minute I work on it. I just got the body painted back to stock colors and we are excited about getting it put back together and on the road by spring. I wil attach a pic if I can figure out how to resize one. As far as the Grande engine, I agree and I'm not one to waste a good car part especially an engine. The Grande is beyond saving so its strictly a parts car and I will most certainly make my money back on parts.

IMG_0081.JPG

Back