8 digit fender vin

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
oh yeah. they are staggered front and back. so that was a factory option. q code would be good. i just hadn't heard of the air adjust shocks (which isn't saying much) and thought that might be some aftermarket thing.
thanks

not sure. the fuel tank strap is hanging on the left, the air supply for the goofy shocks is going to the shock housing, and i think some wiring harness is attached to the axle housing. ill have to look for a sway bar/link next time i can get under there. new strange things to look for.

i see what your talking about, the curved thing to the right of the wheel and above the leaf spring.

The air shock thing wasn't a factory option that I ever heard of. That was a popular garage hotrodder thing to do in from the 70s through the 90s.

this whole thing is for trying to figure out what this car was originally. if it tells you something about this car i don't consider it a hijack.

thanks all for your replies and assistance. since this has wandered more into trying to figure things out and away from if a marti report can be generated from the 8 digit vin i think it is time to start a more appropriate thread in another forum section. thanks again to all who joined in

The staggered shocks were factory equipped only on the 351-4V cars in 73. You now have two possibilities for a VIN

3F02Qxxxxxx
3F05Qxxxxxx

You can enter those into Marti's order form and see if he kicks one back.

That gives me hope I'll eventually find out what this was originally.
Got the rear quarters stripped and it looks like the whole fastback part was added or replaced. Not sure now if it even was a fastback in the beginning
Sigh 🙄
That small rectangular piece was in the poison of a common leak..so it’s a rest repair. I agree the quarter panel has been replaced. The passenger side looks fine. I believe it has always been a fastback, just the guy who replaced the quarter panel maybe not so worried about weld spots being the area was to be missed and the whole car painted. That rust repair is where the headliner wraps around the window pinch weld. That holds the seal up and water collects. Not garage kept car,or even a car cover

So, the Marti for the car's vin #'s will have "Competiton suspension" listed as an option. With also knowing your original paint color and any other options it has, that will narrow down the complete factory serial numbers when compared to the 2 prefixes Hemikiller gave you.

Let us know what you find out...

So, the Marti for the car's vin #'s will have "Competiton suspension" listed as an option. With also knowing your original paint color and any other options it has, that will narrow down the complete factory serial numbers when compared to the 2 prefixes Hemikiller gave you.

Let us know what you find out...
thanks
ive been working on an options list, from what is there, although after 50 years some things could have been changed.

Back