8 track radio

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1972 Q code Mach 1
Hey guys, i was wondering if anyone had put an original 8 track in a non 8 track car. Are they hard to find, and do most of them still work. Seems strange im sure but a friend of mine who works for muzak gave me a box of 1972 release 8 track tapes. Thought it would be cool to play them in my 72. Thanks

if you get one, you need to make sure it comes with the radio bezel.

the Am Am/fm radio bezel hole is smaller then the one for the 8 track radios. (to accommodate the cartridge slot.)

the speaker connector i think is the same as the Am/Fm radio so if you have just an AM hookup you will need to source or make a connector for it for the speakers.

a have a friend that uses his all the time. they can be problematic sometimes you have to service the belt inside.

he actaully offered me a 8 track unit, but i turned him down and just went the am/fm route with a ipod connection.

Hey guys, i was wondering if anyone had put an original 8 track in a non 8 track car. Are they hard to find, and do most of them still work. Seems strange im sure but a friend of mine who works for muzak gave me a box of 1972 release 8 track tapes. Thought it would be cool to play them in my 72. Thanks
Hey, Brawler. Please report back as things progress. I'm thinking about swapping out my AM/FM for an 8-track, and actually going to flea markets and buying 10 for $1. Thinking about it anyway.

Doc

Back