9" Rearend - where to buy

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

schlot

Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mach 1
Hi guys,

Had a question. I'm looking at replacing my Ultra High Performance 2.75 open 9" gears with something a little better :)

Looking at doing the easy route and buying a loaded third member with gears and traction lock.

Where do you find yours?

Thanks in advance.

Hi guys,

Had a question. I'm looking at replacing my Ultra High Performance 2.75 open 9" gears with something a little better :)

Looking at doing the easy route and buying a loaded third member with gears and traction lock.

Where do you find yours?

Thanks in advance.
www.quickperformance.com , located in Ames, IA

Hi guys,

Where do you find yours?

Thanks in advance.
Where in Iowa are you?

I'm near Sioux City but also make it to the Fort Dodge area routinely.

If I took my existing center section to the place in Ames would they put together a unit for me? I'm not going crazy with my build so the stock unit should be ok for my use.

Thanks guys.

If I took my existing center section to the place in Ames would they put together a unit for me? I'm not going crazy with my build so the stock unit should be ok for my use.

Thanks guys.
I'm sure they will work with you. If you are not concerned with keeping the original they might exchange with you. Give them a call. I have dealt with them in the past. They are easy to deal with.

Thanks guys.
They would work with you no problem. I got a complete new rear end housing made up from them, also have a new drive shaft ordered also, they been busy never having less than a 100 center sections to build since mid January.

Keep an eye out for a Ford one I actually turned down a 31 spline traction loc for $100 axle to axle then decided to go back and it was gone. It was on cl.

If you are not going to punish it the Ford unit is all you need.

They came in lots of Ford models not just the Mustang and all 28 splines will interchange.

David

Back