Alignment specs for PS car?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mustang Mach 1
I found a great article on alignment. Says that caster should be +2.25 LH and +2.5 Rh, slightly more for PS cars. Any idea how much more?

Here is where my saga gets really strange. The damage aside, I was shocked at how uncontrollable my car was after alignment.

The shop that also damaged my car set my caster to;

-5.10 LH and -2.50 RH. No wonder it won't track straight. That would be like trying to push a shopping car forward with the wheels flipped around!

They are trying to tell me that it was -12 when I brought it in. Something just doesnt make sense here

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow - I wonder if they just set things backward (- instead of +) and when the accident happened, it just completely whacked the driver side. It's hard to imagine them getting it "that wrong." smh

Good luck with it - I hope the shop owner continues to cooperate and helps get your car back together... properly, of course!

couple of notes:

Camber and caster MUST be equal side to side or the car will pull!

Camber should be 0 to minus 1/4 degree.

+2 to +3 degrees caster is the ballpark.

+ caster makes the car stable and steering return to center.

Too little caster will make the steering dodgy and make the car wander and unstable.

Too much caster can cause road shock and more steering effort.

The steps are 1 caster 2 camber 3 toe... repeat.

I speak to this as I did my own alignment after a lot of research with

a camber/caster gauge and felt the results of too much and too little

caster first hand.

Paul

Latest posts

Back