Amazing 71-73 turnout for Mustangs by the Bay 2013

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Tom. It was way cool to meet up like we did. Looking forward to our next meeting.
Likewise...Hopefully sooner than April. I will keep you posted if I head that way and do the same. If you find any car shows happening in the L.A. area come February or March I am down for that too. Until then, I'll be investing my spare time on building her back up better than before.

Tom,

Ron Gregory here. I was reminded when I was at Long Beach for the QM show that I hadn't been on in a while. I met up with Mike from Escondido and a gentleman from Sweden who recognized my black 73 from the script on the car...Anyway, I have been the show chairman for the Mustangs by the Bay for the past 3 years. I started the 71-73 class in 2006 for the MBTB after I was told NO but then they relented and said I needed 5 cars. I don't think they thought I'd get 5. Not only did I find 5 cars, I got 3 more from as far away as Van Nuys...This year I gambled and split out the convertibles, being show chair gives me certain privelidges...I'm here to tell ya, we had 16 cars; 9 fb, 1 coupe, 5 verts and my good friend Dave Davis from Bakersfield just finished his 71 Boss 351 and brought it down. Sixteen (16) cars, from a field of 325 cars? That's more than Knotts Berry Farm AND the QM combined...We took a group picture of all the 71-73 owners and I hope someone will down load the pic... Next year is the 50th anniv, wouldn't it be great to have 20 cars??? If you know someone that didn't make the show and has a 71-73, getum goin...did you happen to see the event shirt this year? My black Mach 1 is the lead car...Henley's sold out...wonder why????

Jeff,

Chuck's last name is Davenport, he's membership chairman for MCSD, not sure he's a member of this forum...Next year if you guys can come down the day before, we can take a couple of tables at the Meet & Greet buffet. Not sure where it'll be held next yr but great food at the Casa Guadalajara rest in Old Towm at Juan and Taylor...I think it would be cool to have everyone show and get some recognition...cash door prizes and special free raffle items for the ladies...This yr, 4 course dinner plus the usual rice/beans, chips/salsa/tortilla's all the soft drinks, dessert, coffee, TAX & TIP...$23...mark your calendar Oct 4/5th...lets do it...Thanks for your support..

I'm glad you had a good time, sorry I couldn't hang out with you guys more...maybe some day when I can pay attention to my worn out car and some one else is runnin the show. I'll always be battling for the 71-73 cars....Next yr for the 50th we probably won't have individual trophies but have a commorative plaque/coin for everyone entered, celebrating 50 yrs of the Mustang... No voting, just enjoy the day...What do ya think?

Ron Gregory

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm glad you had a good time, sorry I couldn't hang out with you guys more...maybe some day when I can pay attention to my worn out car and some one else is runnin the show. I'll always be battling for the 71-73 cars....Next yr for the 50th we probably won't have individual trophies but have a commorative plaque/coin for everyone entered, celebrating 50 yrs of the Mustang... No voting, just enjoy the day...What do ya think?

Ron Gregory
Your worn out car!rofl Anyone that has seen Ron's car knows it's beautiful.:cool:

Back