Amazing 71-73 turnout for Mustangs by the Bay 2013

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stangace20

Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mach 1 351C Gold Glow
1991 LX 5.0 Hatchback
As I'm sure I've said, my club puts on a great show in an amazing location here in San Diego,CA every year. But this year definitely seemed a bit extra special.

Not only because 325+ cars showed up, but because of the fact that SIXTEEN 71-73's showed up (11 hardtops and 5 verts). And as you can imagine it was pretty cool to see that many in one place. Cause that was the biggest number yet for MBTB. But on top of that, as far as I know no other show in SoCal has ever had that many (and that includes much bigger shows like Fab Fords).

IMG_9929.jpg

Also it should also be mentioned that along with the huge gathering of Clydesdales there's was also a mini meet-up for SoCal people from this site. At least 10 members of this site were there to check out all the cars and we even got to take a group photo as well.

IMG_9923.jpg

Though I will admit I don't know if I can remember everyone so I'm hoping those people that were there (and see this) will help put user-names to faces...and maybe also improve our meet & greet ratings too,lol

I also don't know how many other members took photos, but I know I took way too many to post all of them on here. So I will just post the best ones I've got of our cars/group in a few posts, and anyone else that was there is welcome to add their pics to this thread if they want.

And I will put my pics in hidden/spoiler tags to save anyone with low bandwith since my pics are pretty big, and you can post a lot more pics in a single post if you do.

Pics of the Hardtops

IMG_9836.jpg

IMG_9840.jpg

IMG_9841.jpg

IMG_9842.jpg

IMG_9843.jpg

IMG_9938.jpg

IMG_9974.jpg

Pics of the verts

IMG_9942.jpg

IMG_9849.jpg

IMG_9851.jpg

IMG_9855.jpg

A few other pics of cars that were there

IMG_9971.jpg

IMG_9964.jpg

IMG_9959.jpg

IMG_9868.jpg

IMG_9898.jpg

IMG_9900.jpg

IMG_9886.jpg

IMG_9940.jpg

IMG_9908.jpg

IMG_9917.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Well done! I will attend this show next year. With my car being in the state of disseray, i haven't had the opportunity to attend many shows (including local shows). You can count on my support next fall. I've never been to San Diego, so it will be an added bonus for me! :D

Looks like a great day out..

Have the 71-73's finally learnt to play well with their older siblings....

If there's enough of us showing up, we cannot be ignored!

We know that the 71-73's are the best mustangs, we now just need to convince the public.

Here is what I could remember from the photo and names...maybe somebody could photo shop the names on the photo.

Jeff

From left to right name/user id

First yellow shirt ?

Second black shirt Raul/Raul

3...Tom/Kindersmach

4...Norm/Nailpndr

5...Ron/rgregory

6...tall guy is me...jeff/jeff8877

7...Mike/mach71351c

8...James/stangace

9...? his car is the beautiful black 71 Mach

10...Jim/sdstang

What a day!!!! I think we broke records,16 71-73s in one show and ten 71-73 Mustangs.com members meet and greet!:cool: The weather was over the top perfect. ( Oh yeah I forgot It's just another Sunday in San Diego ) Let me Just that (Ron) rgragroy and hole San Diego Mustang club puts on one of the best if not they best Mustang show in So Cal. I have done my share of Mustang shows. It was too cool to meet up with all the site the members and talk shop and take a group photo. I'm 7th from the left in the group pic. To top off the day my GT got 3rd place out of 12 cars. The old girl still cleans up good.:D

san diego 2013 001.jpg

san diego 2013 002.jpg

san diego 2013 003.jpg

san diego 2013 015.jpg

san diego 2013 023.jpg

san diego 2013 005.jpg

san diego 2013 007.jpg

san diego 2013 027.jpg

...As mentioned in other posts, it was an incredible turnout at the San Diego Mustangs by the Bay Show. I couldn't imagine this magnitude of mustangs all in one spot, if I tried. It was crazy cool and awesome to meet other guys from the site.

Here are a few additional photos from the show:

WP_20131006_003.jpg

WP_20131006_015.jpg

WP_20131006_004.jpg

WP_20131006_005.jpg

Here is what I could remember from the photo and names...maybe somebody could photo shop the names on the photo.

Jeff

First yellow shirt ?

3...Tom/Kindersmach

4...Norm/Nailpndr

5...Ron/rgregory

7...Mike/mach71351c

8...James/stangace

10...Jim/sdstang
first guy's name is chuck, he had the red/black 71 next to Ron and Raul's cars....I'm not sure what his username is, but I can ask.

And it was cool mike won an award, I didn't win this year...though w/ that big a turnout I really didn't expect to. Though besides mike, my buddy norm w/ the orange I6 vert AND my friend sandy w/ the black/silver vert both did.

Just consolidating the Meet and Greet portion. I need all the names so I can hand out the 10+ badges. Nice work guys! Looks like it was a great show and showing! Nice job with the original post too.

Also it should also be mentioned that along with the huge gathering of Clydesdales there's was also a mini meet-up for SoCal people from this site. At least 10 members of this site were there to check out all the cars and we even got to take a group photo as well.

IMG_9923.jpg

Jeff

First yellow shirt ?

3...Tom/Kindersmach

4...Norm/Nailpndr

5...Ron/rgregory

7...Mike/mach71351c

8...James/stangace

10...Jim/sdstang

What a day!!!! I think we broke records... ten 71-73 Mustangs.com members meet and greet! :cool:

...It was too cool to meet up with all the site the members and talk shop and take a group photo. I'm 7th from the left in the group pic.

first guy's name is chuck, he had the red/black 71 next to Ron and Raul's cars....I'm not sure what his username is, but I can ask.
1...Chuck - USERNAME?

2...Raul - raula (Raul, please post an intro and a few pics of that beast you've got ;) )

3...Tom - Kindersmach

4...Norm - nailpounder

5...Ron - rgregory

6...Jeff - jeff8877

7...Mike - mach71351c

8...James - Stangace20

9...???? his car is the beautiful black 71 Mach

10...Jim - sdstang

Jeff

First yellow shirt ?

3...Tom/Kindersmach

4...Norm/Nailpndr

5...Ron/rgregory

7...Mike/mach71351c

8...James/stangace

10...Jim/sdstang
its nailpounder lol it was very cool to meet you all .

Thought I'd add this...a vid from the Mustang Medic guy going over my car...he checks out raul's car and the other 71-73's there in the earlier segments, but as far as my 15 seconds of fame,I think I did ok for my first time on camera. lol

[video=youtube]

I also noticed you can see me and mike/mach71351c standing in front of the blue one as he looks over the back of it just before he gets to me and my car

Back