Ammeter wiring help

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Conv; 1 of 17; 351C, 2V, Auto
On a previous post I asked for assistance in wiring my 3 center console gauges.

The following link was suggested as reference. This seems to be the general procedure found on the internet.

http://www.mustangsandmore.com/ubb/RichPajzerGauges.html

I would like to properly define and photograph the Ammeter wiring procedure while wiring my ammeter and document this for our website.

The problem is that I am currently stuck at the section below. If someone who has already done this on their car can guide me though this section I could finish my installation and properly note the procedure.

b]"Remove the yellow fuseable link wire from the starter solenod."[/b]

My questions are

1. Since I don’t have a Yellow Fuseable link, what are the alternative colors for this?

2. Where does this fusable link go to? I have a Red fuseable link that goes to the Alternator and a Green fuseable link with a white wire that goes to the front lights wire loom.

3. Which one should be spliced?

Any help would be appreciated.

On a previous post I asked for assistance in wiring my 3 center console gauges.

The following link was suggested as reference. This seems to be the general procedure found on the internet.

http://www.mustangsandmore.com/ubb/RichPajzerGauges.html

I would like to properly define and photograph the Ammeter wiring procedure while wiring my ammeter and document this for our website.

The problem is that I am currently stuck at the section below. If someone who has already done this on their car can guide me though this section I could finish my installation and properly note the procedure.

b]"Remove the yellow fuseable link wire from the starter solenod."[/b]

My questions are

1. Since I don’t have a Yellow Fuseable link, what are the alternative colors for this?

2. Where does this fusable link go to? I have a Red fuseable link that goes to the Alternator and a Green fuseable link with a white wire that goes to the front lights wire loom.

3. Which one should be spliced?

Any help would be appreciated.
There should be a large eyelet attached to the battery side of the starter solenoid that is part of the headlight harness. Normally, the final 9 inches is a fusible link, but many have burned out over the years and replaced with standard wire. Find the OEM splice just downline from the starter solenoid. Attached to the firewall side of this splice is the yellow wire.

Latest posts

Back