Another blow to manufacturing in Au.

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's really sad, I've always regarded AU as the last vestige of HP. The reality of it is that US car manufacturer has a big uphill battle to stay alive. The majority of "kids" do not identify with them. Why? They really do not make a quality product. They sufficiently last he 4 years most people keep their cars, not the 10, 15 , 30 years like people in forums like this. Current Pop culture elevates run of the mill throw away cars into high hp race cars! just add large tach and wing, and fart can! I see time and time again over glorification of these cars. Which normally cannot go beyond 100k. Sure I see a few, but not many. Usually they complain about Fords, hate them etc. Cannot even count the times I've had Taurus's that are well above 2 and 300k that just need a tune up. Loose their turbo's and awd and they can barely pull their own weight. Of wait they get good gas mileage? Hell my 74 stangs with a 2.3 and a carb does better than almost all produced today. Affording the quality vehicles become the problem. Why spend 30K to 50K when they can spend significantly less, and have more money for latte's and pS3/Xbox while living at their parents house.
Well said. +1

I had the mach1 out the front on the street ready to go for a cruise with the Mrs on a nice Sunday morning, when some young teenagers came past to look at it.

They were fascinated by it! They asked me all these questions and then one kid asked, does it have a turbo to which I simply replied "no".

We'll they instantly lost interest and walked off bored and looking for something else to do... He he

These will be the same kids who grow up and buy their dream machine with a big wing and a big fart cannon and lots of doof doof.

Who cares whether the car has less power than my wife's sewing machine, chicks aren't interested in kilowatts, just the color of the neon glow under the car it would seem.

Turbo? Hhhmmmm? (Scratching head).

It's really sad, I've always regarded AU as the last vestige of HP. The reality of it is that US car manufacturer has a big uphill battle to stay alive. The majority of "kids" do not identify with them. Why? They really do not make a quality product. They sufficiently last he 4 years most people keep their cars, not the 10, 15 , 30 years like people in forums like this. Current Pop culture elevates run of the mill throw away cars into high hp race cars! just add large tach and wing, and fart can! I see time and time again over glorification of these cars. Which normally cannot go beyond 100k. Sure I see a few, but not many. Usually they complain about Fords, hate them etc. Cannot even count the times I've had Taurus's that are well above 2 and 300k that just need a tune up. Loose their turbo's and awd and they can barely pull their own weight. Of wait they get good gas mileage? Hell my 74 stangs with a 2.3 and a carb does better than almost all produced today. Affording the quality vehicles become the problem. Why spend 30K to 50K when they can spend significantly less, and have more money for latte's and pS3/Xbox while living at their parents house.
Well said. +1

I had the mach1 out the front on the street ready to go for a cruise with the Mrs on a nice Sunday morning, when some young teenagers came past to look at it.

They were fascinated by it! They asked me all these questions and then one kid asked, does it have a turbo to which I simply replied "no".

We'll they instantly lost interest and walked off bored and looking for something else to do... He he

These will be the same kids who grow up and buy their dream machine with a big wing and a big fart cannon and lots of doof doof.

Who cares whether the car has less power than my wife's sewing machine, chicks aren't interested in kilowatts, just the color of the neon glow under the car it would seem.

Turbo? Hhhmmmm? (Scratching head).
Maybe they were asking about your Japanese SUV :dodgy:

I have a Holden and a Ford, so you can thank us American's for keeping them afloat for you:)

I am also planning on buying "the last of the v8s":):) Just before they stop making them altogether. But I love Utes so it has to be a 2014 FPV GS as this is the end of the Ford Ute.

Greg
How do you pull that one off? Paint one half of the driveway blue, the other red?:D
Actually I have a red toolbox and a blue one. That's how I can do it:)

I have a Holden and a Ford, so you can thank us American's for keeping them afloat for you:)

I am also planning on buying "the last of the v8s":):) Just before they stop making them altogether. But I love Utes so it has to be a 2014 FPV GS as this is the end of the Ford Ute.

Greg
How do you pull that one off? Paint one half of the driveway blue, the other red?:D
Actually I have a red toolbox and a blue one. That's how I can do it:)
I bet the RED one is bigger!:p

Latest posts

Back