Another European........

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pattex

Reaction score
My Car
´73 Grandé 351 4V
Hi!

My name is Patrick from Stuttgart/Germany.

Like a few other guys from Europe, I discovered your forum in a thread at a european Mustang forum.

I own a ´73 Grandé T5 with 351 Cleveland 4V and a C6 transmission. I own this car since ´91. Used it as a daily from 91 to 95, when engine and transmission problems occured. I decided to change engine and transmission, paint it and do some other small things. Like always, there were many more things to fix than expected.

Because I´m not a good mechanic at all, I needed help from my friends. The car was built up again in many, many small steps and was back on the road in ...........2008! Quite a long time!

As you see on the pictures, it´s not original, more or less 1980´s pimp style! But I still like it like this!

DSCI0420.JPG

DSCI0425.JPG

DSCI0430.JPG

DSCI0432.JPG

Welcome tot he forums! Glad to have you aboard! That is a beautiful coupe! I am restoring a 72 coupe myself!

Welcome to the club, Patrick! That's a great project.

If you have any, please post up some "in progress" pics. I'd like to see what you did to your car, and what it looked like before.

Doc

hi patrick,

great to have you here :)

abudi

WELCOME aboard, Patrick!

I love what you have done with your Coupe. You have obviously put a lot of time and effort into the Car and it shows.

Again, Welcome and I look forward to interacting with you on the Forums.

BT

GORGEOUS Coupe!! I love the '80s pimpin' chrome mod rims - had some on my '82. What size tires and rims are you running? I'm probably gonna go staggered sizes on mine as well.

Thanks @ all for the warm Welcome!

@73vertproject:

Sorry, most of the restoration was done in pre-digital times. And the photos got lost somehow. I didn´t sandblast the car, because there was really only little rust on the body. Only small welding was necessary. When I bought the car in ´91 the car was painted in glossy black, but very bad work. I decided to paint it in an aubergine/violet color. In ´96 or ´97 it was painted in this blue Porsche irisblue-metallic, which is still on the car.

Original color of the car was kind of gold/brown-metallic (don´t remember the name) with brown/yellow (I think ginger) de luxe interieur and vinyl top. I changed the interieur in grey and black BMW-leather.

For it is an Q-code I changed the 302 and the C4, which was in the car when I bought it, in a 351C 4V with a C6. Suspensions, wiring and many other stuff were changed to make it a reliable car for a not-so-talented mechanic like me.

@Mister 4x4

7x14 in the front with 235/60/14, 10x15 in the rear with 295/50/15

welcome, this a great place to be

Welcome to the spot. I spent a few years in Ludwigsburg about 10 clicks from you many years ago. I loved the 'bahn but hated the strict vehicle inspection program. Great pictures, love to see more....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back