Another mismatched Motor Mounts on a 73. But I think they are the original frame stands

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
'73 mustang convt.
My 1973 convertible motor mounts do not look like the pictures of the ‘captive’ motor mounts I have reviewed on the site. Zooming into the one picture it is obvious that the mount was modified with a grinder by elongating the hole. I believe I was the culprit, I have owned this car for 40 years, pulled the engine at least three times but honestly don’t recall modifying the mounts. It must have been before I started recording in an excel spreadsheet my car activities. (I started that when I went to replace the front disc pads only to discover I had done it a year earlier). And I would have done it back when it was my daily driver and before the internet had taken off. I was probably in a hurry to get the car going again.

I have OEM mounts that I purchased from Alex here on the board a few years back. #665. Which appears to be the correct 73 convertible small block (351C) motor mounts.

The question for the experts. Does it look like I have the correct frame stands? I certainly don’t remember swapping these out and since I pretty much save everything I would have expected to find the originals in a box somewhere. I’ve looked at a lot of the pictures, they ‘look’ like the 73 convertible stands. I compare this picture to the example @Hemikiller often posts that @rackm originally put together and also one from this thread https://7173mustangs.com/threads/73-motor-mounts.43745/ which shows the hardtop frame stands for a 73 that also has earlier uppers.

Here is mine:
20240427_161612.jpg20240427_162226.jpg

The hardtop version with the incorrect uppers

73 hardtop motor mounts.jpg

73 hardtop motor mounts 2.jpg
The awesome summary:
comparison of motor mounts.png

Attachments

• 73 hardtop motor mounts.jpg
    73 hardtop motor mounts.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 1
Back