Another New guy to the forum… but not new to 7173’s

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not to get our new member too upset with us, and perhaps I'm wrong, but the decal on the v/cover K620-A would be a 1973 (A = first cycle) 351C "Q" code CJ. As the Windsor was never used in 71-73 Mustangs, I have no reference to engine codes for those motors.
Oh it takes a lot to upset me, I know these didn’t come with windsors, but I wanted the 1973 with 351 designation. And this was the closest one. If this were a Concourse car I would have done everything 100% but this car only has sentimental value and almost zero retail value.

This is an original 6cyl 3 speed car.
We didn't see that one coming! I guess we're so used to V8's in our cars.
At the end of the day, it's your car, your way. The 351W will work just fine.
OR, you could slap a pair of Cleveland heads on it and you'd have a "Clevor" and that is like a Boss 302 on steroids.

OR, you could slap a pair of Cleveland heads on it and you'd have a "Clevor" and that is like a Boss 302 on steroids.
That would be awesome!

That would be awesome!
Food for thought and yes we love spending other peoples money!!
I'm sure you've figured it out by now, but I/we do like be lighthearted when posting or replying, but we never intentionally put anyone down for whatever their car plans are. It's all meant to be a fun hobby

I wish I could go back in time and convince my dad to get a Mach 1 when he bought this one, but my dad grew up in extreme poverty and was always frugal with his money. So he bought the cheapest one he could find. But man I wish he would have bought a V-8 car at least. But hey. He was 18 in 1973 and I was 14 years from being born. 🤣

I wish I could go back in time and convince my dad to get a Mach 1 when he bought this one, but my dad grew up in extreme poverty and was always frugal with his money. So he bought the cheapest one he could find. But man I wish he would have bought a V-8 car at least. But hey. He was 18 in 1973 and I was 14 years from being born. 🤣
You know, I hear you.
At 18 I was in college in England and all I could afford was a bicycle. I later graduated to a Vespa scooter and then at 21 to a 500cc Norton. It would be another 2 years before I could afford my first actual car...... if you could call it that, but at least it had 4 wheels finally.
The point; not every one can go out and buy the best there is, we have to work for it and appreciate what we have.

Last edited:
I know just what you mean. In 1973, my mom’s 67 Galaxy was making clouds of blue smoke, so we went car shopping. Keep in mind, my thoughts were what I could drive when I get my license, lol. Our first stop was a Buick dealer. Thats where I saw a 67 Impala SS, burgundy with black int. My mom didn’t like it. Then we went to the Ford dealer. I got her to sit in a Mustang Grande, she didn’t like it, complained she sat too low. Next up was a Gran Torino Sport. I got shot down again. Then we went to the Chrysler/Plymouth dealer. She was looking at Dusters. I picked out a Duster 340, again, she said no. She ended up buying a gold one, a “Gold Duster”, 225 ci slant 6. The only thing that could have been worse is AMC pacer. I think my mom was smarter than I thought.
You’re lucky that you got a Mustang. It may not be a rare car, but you have a car that’s been in your family since new, and looking at your pictures, it appears it’s going to stay in your family for generations to come. It’s priceless when you think about it.

I know just what you mean. In 1973, my mom’s 67 Galaxy was making clouds of blue smoke, so we went car shopping. Keep in mind, my thoughts were what I could drive when I get my license, lol. Our first stop was a Buick dealer. Thats where I saw a 67 Impala SS, burgundy with black int. My mom didn’t like it. Then we went to the Ford dealer. I got her to sit in a Mustang Grande, she didn’t like it, complained she sat too low. Next up was a Gran Torino Sport. I got shot down again. Then we went to the Chrysler/Plymouth dealer. She was looking at Dusters. I picked out a Duster 340, again, she said no. She ended up buying a gold one, a “Gold Duster”, 225 ci slant 6. The only thing that could have been worse is AMC pacer. I think my mom was smarter than I thought.
You’re lucky that you got a Mustang. It may not be a rare car, but you have a car that’s been in your family since new, and looking at your pictures, it appears it’s going to stay in your family for generations to come. It’s priceless when you think about it.
It is without a doubt priceless to me and my family. I have a picture of me sitting on the trunk when I was about a year old.

Attachments

• IMG_0541.jpeg
    IMG_0541.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
Wow, that looks like my car in your old picture!! Mine was a 71 Coupe with a 250 3spd as well but I was fortunate enough to find a 351C 4V (engine barn find) and a toploader. Just what I was dreaming to find but doubted I would! I don't think I've ever commented on the site before, but these guys have been silent partners while Mustang 4.jpgPXL_20210602_030038922 (003).jpgI built this car with my 2 sons over a few years. Belated thanks everyone and welcome aboard Jay!!

Ah, yes, the Slant 6 Gold Duster. My dad rented one for a vacation trip down to New Orleans and Florida back in 74 when I was 9. I have very vivid memories of that car. Experienced my very first bout of motion sickness in that thing. Lesson learned: do not eat a whole box of Dunkin' Munchkins Donut Holes and drink a bottle of orange juice right before you start that 12 hour drive to New Orleans.

Wow, that looks like my car in your old picture!! Mine was a 71 Coupe with a 250 3spd as well but I was fortunate enough to find a 351C 4V (engine barn find) and a toploader. Just what I was dreaming to find but doubted I would! I don't think I've ever commented on the site before, but these guys have been silent partners while View attachment 89207View attachment 89208I built this car with my 2 sons over a few years. Belated thanks everyone and welcome aboard Jay!!
Car looks awesome!

Wow, that looks like my car in your old picture!! Mine was a 71 Coupe with a 250 3spd as well but I was fortunate enough to find a 351C 4V (engine barn find) and a toploader. Just what I was dreaming to find but doubted I would! I don't think I've ever commented on the site before, but these guys have been silent partners while View attachment 89207View attachment 89208I built this car with my 2 sons over a few years. Belated thanks everyone and welcome aboard Jay!!
IMG_0591.jpeg
Looks familiar!

Back