Another New guy to the forum… but not new to 7173’s

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know just what you mean. In 1973, my mom’s 67 Galaxy was making clouds of blue smoke, so we went car shopping. Keep in mind, my thoughts were what I could drive when I get my license, lol. Our first stop was a Buick dealer. Thats where I saw a 67 Impala SS, burgundy with black int. My mom didn’t like it. Then we went to the Ford dealer. I got her to sit in a Mustang Grande, she didn’t like it, complained she sat too low. Next up was a Gran Torino Sport. I got shot down again. Then we went to the Chrysler/Plymouth dealer. She was looking at Dusters. I picked out a Duster 340, again, she said no. She ended up buying a gold one, a “Gold Duster”, 225 ci slant 6. The only thing that could have been worse is AMC pacer. I think my mom was smarter than I thought.
You’re lucky that you got a Mustang. It may not be a rare car, but you have a car that’s been in your family since new, and looking at your pictures, it appears it’s going to stay in your family for generations to come. It’s priceless when you think about it.
My boys are 9 and 7 right now. I’m working on this car as if I wanted my boys to drive it one day.

Back