Any of you guys own a Special order paint 1971-73 Mustang?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry, I just think Green Bay Packers when I see your car :p!!!!
Or Oregon Ducks.

And I'm a Bears fan!!!:D
I'm sorry.

GO PACK GO! ::blah::
Right on !!:cool: I hear ya!!:p

I love the banter, got alot of packer fan friends.:dodgy:

My 72 is/was a special order color called gold glow metallic

from my understanding only 2k out of the 27k mach 1/sportroofs they built in 72 had that color.

So I think that's pretty special and I know for a fact I have not seen another gold 71-73 in person yet

(nevermind it being this exact color or year)

*numbers taken from my marti report and mustangspecs.com*
Mines 1 of 51 check out my marti

1F02H131381_dlxrpt.pdf

Attachments

• 1F02H131381_dlxrpt.pdf
    171.8 KB · Views: 8
Mine is just special
True Dat:D
Sorry, I just think Green Bay Packers when I see your car :p!!!! And I'm a Bears fan!!!:D
I hear that, living in a boarder city it's a split between Bears and Packers fans. Da Bears!

Mine is just special
True Dat:D
Sorry, I just think Green Bay Packers when I see your car :p!!!! And I'm a Bears fan!!!:D
I just think New Orleans Saints when i see your car (cause thats why are cars are certain colors) for NFL teams, NOT:goodone:

I could care less about the NFL, just cause are cars are a certain color u could say that about any car:dodgy: Just Sayin

I just think New Orleans Saints when i see your car (cause thats why are cars are certain colors) for NFL teams, NOT:goodone:

I could care less about the NFL, just cause are cars are a certain color u could say that about any car:dodgy: Just Sayin
I didn't intend to strike a nerve, just having fun.

Had a 72 q code in High school. It was black on black with hurst 4 speed. Special order in 72.

I'm not sure if everyone here quite understands the OP's point. One-of-one combinations of factory-spec interior and exterior colors are one thing, and reasonably common. What IS unusual are cars with specific, special-order colors that were not available for that vehicle.

I quote one of the gentlemen from TheLincolnForum.net:

...Speaking of trim parts, any Ford product of the period could be ordered DSO (domestic special order) with any color listed in Ford's Fleet catalog. The extra cost for the Lincoln was around $150 I think. The odd thing, any Ford product so ordered with DSO paint the rubber trim around the front and rear bumpers was a dull silver. It did not match the rest of the car. Every once in a while we had a "special" customer who wanted something a little different. We would pull out the fleet catalog and let them pick a color. More often than not, they didn't like the silver trim and our body shop would have to paint it. As far as interior colors, you had to have what was offered. There was no way to order an odd interior color.
Following is a late example of those silver bumper fillers on a police-spec LTD:

(From:

)

4429945227_edbdd303f9_b.jpg

-Kurt

Back