Barrett Jackson

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have parted several NJ cars , 2 very early cars

The last one actually had a different package tray with drip edges and 3 braces behind the rear seat

The seat track bolts were red torx head, several other oddities.

It was almost black on the bottom

I have never seen a red oxide one in person, only ones that were restored cars for sale.

Mach 1 gas cap. 

The rear spoiler was to high up on the trunk.

Lower black paint was incorrect in the door jam. Never seen one so incorrect.

I was supersized of the hammer price so i went back for a second look.

Mach 1 gas cap. 

The rear spoiler was to high up on the trunk.

Lower black paint was incorrect in the door jam. Never seen one so incorrect.

I was supersized of the hammer price so i went back for a second look.
I did notice that the spoiler and gas cap were wrong, but that was all I had time to see. It was already moving off the stage then it sold. I didn’t see under the hood, not even sure if they opened it. So far that was the only 71-73 car I saw.

I saw the listing on that car, there was a lot wrong for a "restored" car.  The underside was a disaster.

https://www.barrett-jackson.com/Events/Event/Details/1971-FORD-MUSTANG-BOSS-351-237388

"my opinion that is a price the buyer and hopefully the seller should be happy with. "

I was trying to be polite.

I saw the listing on that car, there was a lot wrong for a "restored" car.  The underside was a disaster.

https://www.barrett-jackson.com/Events/Event/Details/1971-FORD-MUSTANG-BOSS-351-237388

As I am verrrry ignorant as to what is correct. Would you mind pointing out what is wrong? 

What my ignorant eyes can see is crummy looking exhaust and the underside is RED.

Thanks.
Hey, HEY, HEY!!  Quit being so negative... you're going to drive the resale values of the rest of our cars down.   :whistling:

Too soon?  :cool:
Never too soon!  rofl   I like your sass. You made me laugh.

The prices are on the rise!!!  Better pick up a few more junkers while you can still afford them!  :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I have parted several NJ cars , 2 very early cars

The last one actually had a different package tray with drip edges and 3 braces behind the rear seat

The seat track bolts were red torx head, several other oddities.

It was almost black on the bottom

I have never seen a red oxide one in person, only ones that were restored cars for sale.
My '71 is a Metuchen car, built 12/23/70. Underside, what was left of it, was dark gray. No red oxide anywhere to be seen.

As I am verrrry ignorant as to what is correct. Would you mind pointing out what is wrong? 

What my ignorant eyes can see is crummy looking exhaust and the underside is RED.

Thanks.
Red oxide underside

Crap-tastic exhaust

PS side muffler looks blown up from a backfire

Driveshaft is incorrect type: should be a single solid tube, whereas the car is sporting two-piece rubber insulated unit.

Fuel line looks like it has all sorts of red overspray

Overall, it just looks like a minimum effort restoration cobbled together to sell at auction. When was the last time Eagle ST tires were made????

Goodyear Eagle STs were discontinued sometime around Y2K, which is too bad because they were good-lookin' tires (from a white letter tire perspective).  The tread performance was nothing to speak of or write home about.  My buddy had a set on his '78 Z-28 (back in the late '80s), and they looked great... didn't perform for squat, though.  I had some Eagle GTs on my '82 Mustang, which were better, but still not even close to being on par with the Eagle VR-50 Gatorbacks of the time.

It's safe to say those Eagle STs are at least 20 years old.

Goodyear Eagle STs were discontinued sometime around Y2K, which is too bad because they were good-lookin' tires (from a white letter tire perspective).  The tread performance was nothing to speak of or write home about.  My buddy had a set on his '78 Z-28 (back in the late '80s), and they looked great... didn't perform for squat, though.  I had some Eagle GTs on my '82 Mustang, which were better, but still not even close to being on par with the Eagle VR-50 Gatorbacks of the time.

It's safe to say those Eagle STs are at least 20 years old.
Had 82 GT with TRX tires on it. Those tires were interesting to say the least.

Back