For Sale Resources

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Due to a recent health issue, I may have to sell my 73 Mach 1. I was looking for suggestions on the best place to list something like this. I don't have a
Barrett or Mecum close to me other than Indy in May and I'm just not able to get it there. Are there any online options that anyone has had success with?

Attachments

• image_50429697.JPG
    image_50429697.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 0
A red ‘73 Mach 1 just listed on BaT… you could follow and see how the auction runs. If you’re not familiar with BaT, it is also a forum as well, so you need pretty thick skin. There are many non-bidding keyboard warriors that want to use your Mustang auction as a venue for their self-righteousness. Not all comments are that way but many are.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1973-ford-mustang-mach-1-8/

I've used Hemmings (not the auction) and had a good result. Be prepared to get a lot of 'low-ball' offers. Take the time to prepare a detailed honest description - it will reduce the questions from interested buyers regarding pertinent details that should be known. Lots of good detailed pictures. Strongly encourage the prospective serious buyer to get a third party inspection of the vehicle if they cannot come and look at it personally. Document the selling process as completely as you can for your protection and theirs. If something seems off about an offer, listen to your inner voice.

If it seems like too much work, you can turn it over to a reputable third party like a classic car dealer, but be prepared to pay $$$ for their services.

I approach the sales differently each time. I recently sold a 67 GTO. I actually held off a cpl o months till I got what I wanted. I had 2 offers at over 30k, so I knew I was getting their attention. I listed it on Ebay (w/no real intention to sell it there, just to get the Emails going and pictures out on the mkt) at the same time I also listed it on Craigslist and Marketplace. Same write ups and photos. After numerous communications with people, I finally got a few people to actually come and look at it. If the car is nice, it will sell itself from there. I actually ended up with 2 people rushing to get me the down payment on the same day. The manager of the Pepsi plant beat the American Airlines employee by 1 hr. Now he's trying to buy one of my other cars. I believe the actual buyer was from Marketplace. I'd like to try one of the auctions, just too cheap to pay their prices.

I bought my '73 Mustang from Gateway Classics in Orlando. Now their St Louis location wants to buy it back. They are not cheap, but they do all the work-video, pictures, listing tied to lots of sites. They take it off your hands for the selling process. Quick and easy, but not cheap.

A red ‘73 Mach 1 just listed on BaT… you could follow and see how the auction runs. If you’re not familiar with BaT, it is also a forum as well, so you need pretty thick skin. There are many non-bidding keyboard warriors that want to use your Mustang auction as a venue for their self-righteousness. Not all comments are that way but many are.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1973-ford-mustang-mach-1-8/
"I don't have the money to buy this car, so I'll put it down to make myself feel better."

Back