Before and after paint and some ideas for color scheme

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

King Of Dalley

Reaction score
My Car
1971 mustang fastback 302
Hey guys it's been a while since I posted anything on here I just got finished with the paint so I figured why not post something about it. I finally decided to go back with the original paint color witch in my case was grabber blue J code I was going to go black with red rally stripes but then I got the thinking I know a lot of people who paint there cars grabber blue wishing that it was their cars original color. Right now I'm a little torn between two color schemes for the car a few family members and friends are telling me to do flat black rally stripes from front to rear bumper yes I think it would look really good that way but I don't think that's the way or look that I'm going for I'm thinking that I want to wrap the hood and rear spoiler in black carbon fiber and then add the new black 5.0 badges on the front fenders and A custom made King decal in black on the rear lower part of the fender before the wheel and also carbon fiber the panel on the rear end between the taillights... so yeah those are my thoughts I'm open to any suggestions if y'all have any here are some before and after pics

Screenshot_2014-02-24-19-17-57.png

IMG_20140510_163937.jpg

IMG_20140510_163956.jpg

IMG_20140813_091002.jpg

20150716_143519.jpg

20150716_143534.jpg

20150716_143553.jpg

I'd go with the black stripes, it'll look great.

1972_Mach_1_9.jpg

The more and more I look at these pictures, I may have to change my opinion. The blue looks good by itself, but now that I can compare them on the same page, I think the black stripes would looks VERY nice. But only if you black out the hood as well.

I also like the blue and almost bought one in January, wish I had. I think the black like the original stipe sets the car off and if you do the hood do the correct flat black. Some say difficult to keep looking good. Just don't get wax near it and don't use a brush when washing and never a car wash. I have had one since new and did not have an issue keeping it looking great.

But always do what you want but if you ever sell original will usually bring more money.

Great car

David

Be careful with the carbon fiber wrap and the sun. I was thinking of making all the black areas on mine (including the Mach 1 decals and hockey stripes) out of 3M DiNoc vinyl, but the sun will have it for lunch.

The good part: if you change your mind or the design, you can easily remove and replace.

Can't wait to see it all done the way you want it. :bravo:

Thanks guys for all the feedback but I also forgot to tell you all that I'm not going for the original classic look I'm wanting to give the car a updated modernize style that also pays homage to the original classic look and style. Something on the lines of Pro Touring / restomod / classic this car is going to be far from a garage queen this is going to be something that I can drive on a daily basis if I wanted to and enjoy it

Me too, but I went with "period correct" cosmetic mods, and modern tech non-cosmetic mods. So, I have an old-school hot rod muscle car with some modern tech inside (fuel injection, power windows, power locks, alarm/keyless entry, Retrosound stereo system with subs, sub-frame connectors, modern electronics, with some Cragar S/S wheels, fat tires in back, louvers, etc.).

Ain't nothin' wrong with wanting your car to have the good [new] stuff! ::thumb::

Back