Best cylinder head boxes ever

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
'71 Mustang Mach 1 M-code "Soylent Green"
'69 Plymouth Valiant 100
'68 Plymouth Satellite
Thought I'd share this little tidbit - my office gets these Canon GPR-31 color (B&W mulit-packs are wider) toner multi-package boxes in whenever we have to replace toner.

20auvk7.jpg

These things are ULTRA strong, double-ply cardboard, and are perfectly suited to shipping one cylinder head each in them.

I've shipped a pair of loaded 351C heads in them, and they have no problem with Mopar small block heads either (as seen in the photo). There is just enough clearance to allow for a few more strips of cardboard to be placed on the sides, and tons on the top and bottom.

2jb7977.jpg

These can be shipped through FedEx Ground for a more reasonable rate than any wood crate, and you're pretty much guaranteed a safe shipment - provided you pad the box as described and seal it with good quality packing tape.

If you work in an office that has a multitude of Canon printers, keep your eyes out for these, especially if you can get them before the factory tape is slit on the bottom for knocking down/recycling.

Hope this tip helps.

-Kurt

Back