Best In Show steering wheel restorer

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mach 1 - 429CJ
Has anyone else had issues with Best In Show steering wheel restorers out of California?

They have had my rim blow since March of 2022 and missed 3 promised delivery dates. I was given definite dates only to be told that “they were waiting for parts”, or “it is almost done”, to today it is “we are waiting for it to dry so we can ship it”.

Look, if you aren’t done, just say so. Giving a customer delivery dates and then the week after saying “we are finishing it up” is flat out lying.

Starting to question if they are legitimate.

They have two websites. One says current orders are taking eight weeks and the other says six months. Might be time to tell to just send your wheel back to you. Three strikes and yer out!

I had them restore my steering wheel. This was before Covid. I had no issues with them. Their work was impeccable and I am very happy with my restored wheel. They said six weeks to restore it and their estimate was spot on. I have no idea what has happened to them. I'm very sorry to hear that this is happening to you. Sheriff41 is correct, time for them to give it back.

Has anyone else had issues with Best In Show steering wheel restorers out of California?

They have had my rim blow since March of 2022 and missed 3 promised delivery dates. I was given definite dates only to be told that “they were waiting for parts”, or “it is almost done”, to today it is “we are waiting for it to dry so we can ship it”.

Look, if you aren’t done, just say so. Giving a customer delivery dates and then the week after saying “we are finishing it up” is flat out lying.

Did you ever get your steering wheel back? If so, how did it turn out? I have a rim blow I am thinking of sending to them for restoration too.

Did you ever get your steering wheel back? If so, how did it turn out? I have a rim blow I am thinking of sending to them for restoration too.
Yes, I finally got it and am very impressed with the results. Other than not being great at communicating completion date (actual), I would say they do an outstanding job of restoring the rim blow steering wheel. It took over a year to get it back from when I sent it in, so do not believe whatever advertised or quoted time they tell you. Plan wayyyyy ahead and you will be happy with the results.

I’m going to try and get Pofomoco to restore my rim blow wheel 😢

Yes, I finally got it and am very impressed with the results. Other than not being great at communicating completion date (actual), I would say they do an outstanding job of restoring the rim blow steering wheel. It took over a year to get it back from when I sent it in, so do not believe whatever advertised or quoted time they tell you. Plan wayyyyy ahead and you will be happy with the results.
Great! Glad you're happy with it. I've decided to give it a try myself. I have a black rim blow wheel in decent shape but I'm going to change the color to avocado for use on my convertible. I started with the easy part first - the pad. Pulled everything off for a good cleaning and then a re-dye to avocado. I'm happy with this part. Not perfect but not bad at all! Now comes the hard part...

Attachments

• Rim Blow Pad 11-15-23.jpg
    Rim Blow Pad 11-15-23.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 0
Has anyone bought one of the reproduction rimblow wheels, and if so, how’s the quality?

Back