Boss 351 for sale Aus

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
73 Blue Glo Mach 1
Hi All

thought I would post this link to a Boss for general comment / interest

2s15bb5.jpg
[/img]

http://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/Ford-Mustang-1971/AGC-AD-16716838/?Cr=1&sdmvc=1

Very nice, just trying to rember where I've seen it though because as soon as I saw the plates, I knew I've seen the car. As soon as I say to the Mrs about a Boss 351 for sale, her first words are no, then it's how much, then it's if you sell all your cars, then you can have one. I just can't see the fun of only having one car though, but one day I will have one.

About 5-8 grand over what I would expect but I havent seen the car.

I should also add I have no idea how correct the car is and would like to here some feedback from more knowledgeable people, as this would play into pricing also

Last edited by a moderator:
For 1 observation I never trust a dealer who does not show the underside of the car and close ups of the engine bay. The eye candy paint job is always decieving. I did note it is missing the rev limiter on the passanger side shock tower. The OE and date correct carb and dizzy can go for a few thousand each. Nice looking car, but would require alot more homework for that price. Unsure of exchange rate compared to US dollar.

Luke and Jason,

What do you both think of the asking price?

Greg.:)
Well it's hard to say without seeing the car and what's missing and needs replacing. So you can look at it like this I suppose in the current climate:

A pretty good Boss 351, you're looking at $50-60k U.S, the current exchange rate is around 80 cents U.S, so add around 20%, another 10% GST, plus around $3000 to get the car over here, so you're going to be fairly close to what they're asking. Why's this Greg looking at buying another car, a Boss 351 would be a nice addition to your collection.

Luke and Jason,

Well it's hard to say without seeing the car and what's missing and needs replacing. So you can look at it like this I suppose in the current climate:

A pretty good Boss 351, you're looking at $50-60k U.S, the current exchange rate is around 80 cents U.S, so add around 20%, another 10% GST, plus around $3000 to get the car over here, so you're going to be fairly close to what they're asking. Why's this Greg looking at buying another car, a Boss 351 would be a nice addition to your collection.
Thanks for the feedback J,

No sir, owning the two cars i have now will be enough to send me broke i think!:p

Luke and Jason,

Thanks for the feedback J,

No sir, owning the two cars i have now will be enough to send me broke i think!:p

Come on Greg you know you want too;) If its a space issue Iam sure Jason would be willing too keep it in his shed, I bet he would even drive it for you. All you would have to do is pay for everything :p

This sounds like a great plan to me fellas. C'mon Greg you know you want too, as Luke said, if space is a problem, I'll put this bloody shed in myself. FFS how long does it take guys to get stuff done, the first mob started clearing for it, second mob kept saying "next week" every week so told them where to go in the end, now this mob have done the driveway (thank christ) cleared for the shed, but haven't flattened it, dug holes for the posts and put down the road base (but did for driveway) but reckon they'll be back within three to four weeks to do that. I'm quite happy to make it happen quicker if you buy me, sorry I mean yourself that lovely Boss 351 for me to look after for you. Promise I'll really really look after it for you,lol.

The Boss would be sweet especially if you consider a GTHO P3 is near identical spec and around 3-4 hundred grand more, viewed in that sense its a bargain for 1 of the most awesome production Clevos ever built.

The Boss would be sweet especially if you consider a GTHO P3 is near identical spec and around 3-4 hundred grand more, viewed in that sense its a bargain for 1 of the most awesome production Clevos ever built.
Well Luke as I've always said on the price of a HO P3. There's two chances of me ever those stupid crazy prices for one, and those who do or have (especially pre GFC prices) are just people with too much money and not much sense. I understand the heritage of the cars and what they represent, but seriously look at what you can get for the price of a HO P3. For say the money they go for, I'd rather have a Boss trifecta, a Boss 302, 351 and a 429, or let alone a Dodge/Plymouth Hemi car with a heap of change to spare. I've always said that a HO P3 is worth no more than $100-150 000 tops and even when the rediculous prices of pre GFC were happening they were still worth no more than $250 000 not $800 000 like one car got and few in the $700's but then again that was a game played by a few scrupulous people for there own financial gain and the people with too much money and not enough sense thought they were going to buy these cars then turn around a short time later and make a huge profit. Now some of these guys have still got them and probably praying the market will get back there one day to try to recover their money, while had no choice and had to sell at a massive loss.

Anyway Greg you should definitely buy the Boss, I promise that I will store it for you and look after it and maintain the car. The only thing you'll need to do is replace items that are worn, such as rear tyres every few weeks, lol. If you're too busy to look at it, I'm quite willing to do so and spend your money buying it and drive it back home. I think it will just need some new rear tyres when it gets back, because the ones on it were not very good and just wore out on the way back, lol.

Back