Future Boss 351 Buyer?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Convertible, Q code, 4 speed, 3.25, A/C, P/S
Hey all - I would love to pick up a Boss 351 sometime in the future. And by the future, I mean anytime between tomorrow and the next 5 years.

I'm a 73 Vert owner, but pretty green on the Boss 351. I thought maybe if people were up for it, you might take a look at this listing and pick it apart.

Is this real? Are there mods that detract from the value? Other comments?

I thought sitting back and watching might be a learning experience for several of us. :)

https://www.hemmings.com/listing/1971-ford-mustang-585795

That car is a bit rougher than most Boss 351s I see for sale. The car is an R-code so it left the factory as a Boss 351. It was originally a yellow car. It amazes me how many Mustangs I see with the stripes so poorly stuck on. The ones on this car are some of the worst!
The engine is a 351C but is missing the important Boss parts - intake manifold, distributor, carburetor, exhaust manifolds, rev limiter, etc.
Frankly, unless you plan to throw a lot of money at it, I would say keep looking. Take your time and find the best car for you money. It will save you a lot of money and frustration in the long run.

Take a look at the Boss 351 section of the Boss302 site: https://www.boss302.com/smf/index.php?board=27.0

A bit rough with plenty of incorrect parts. I am in Australia and looking to sell my Grabber yellow BOSS 351. This car won Three MCA Gold awards whilst in the States and has won multiple awards here in Australia. Looking at $65K USD plus there will be the transport to the States if interested.
PM me on FB if interested Supa Pursuit. The car and I are well known in the BOSS 351 community.

A bit rough with plenty of incorrect parts. I am in Australia and looking to sell my Grabber yellow BOSS 351. This car won Three MCA Gold awards whilst in the States and has won multiple awards here in Australia. Looking at $65K USD plus there will be the transport to the States if interested.
PM me on FB if interested Supa Pursuit. The car and I are well known in the BOSS 351 community.
That sounds like a heckuva good price for a B1.

In addition to what was previously called out, the Boss didn't have the honeycomb panel between the taillights or the pop open gas cap. The hood decal should say "Ram Air" not "351 Ram Air". This car looks like a really amateur restoration.

That sounds like a great price for a stand up Boss and they look pretty awesome in Grabber yellow. I would probably have to sell one of my others before Momma would be on board though, we are out of indoor storage, bummer.

That car is a bit rougher than most Boss 351s I see for sale. The car is an R-code so it left the factory as a Boss 351. It was originally a yellow car. It amazes me how many Mustangs I see with the stripes so poorly stuck on. The ones on this car are some of the worst!
The engine is a 351C but is missing the important Boss parts - intake manifold, distributor, carburetor, exhaust manifolds, rev limiter, etc.
Frankly, unless you plan to throw a lot of money at it, I would say keep looking. Take your time and find the best car for you money. It will save you a lot of money and frustration in the long run.

Take a look at the Boss 351 section of the Boss302 site: https://www.boss302.com/smf/index.php?board=27.0
Stripes! I could do a better job drunk. What a mess.

Quality car with documented history , buy it so we the the USA can return one of the last Muscle Mustangs to its rightful place. GLWS

That sounds like a great price for a stand up Boss and they look pretty awesome in Grabber yellow. I would probably have to sell one of my others before Momma would be on board though, we are out of indoor storage, bummer.
Buy it and you can store it here in Nashville for free ( just leave me the key 🔑) 😜

Back