Boss in MD for sale ?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 H code Grande with 4V 72 HO block
Crower,Erson,Fluiddampner,Moroso,ARP,Speed Pro,Melling,Ford Motorsport
1970 F code Sportsroof 351 2v
Could be a Boss with modifications over the years, such as adding the airconditioner etc.??? Before I'd take it serious I'd start by pulling both front fenders to verify the Boss VIN#s stamped on the frame. It's been played with, for one thing the spoiler is on backwards.

1616.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, if one wanted to clone a Boss 351 and pass it off as the real thing 10 or 15 years ago, having a background story of the drive train being stolen, the right paint and stickers could turn any fastback into a Boss 351. With Marti Reports and other means of tracking pedigrees, it's not so easy anymore.

Backward spoiler - easy mistake for a half-assed body shop to make. Also seems trivial, but the Boss 351 sticker is way too close to the door - again, another half-assed body shop mistake.

I dunno... could be... could not be. I know for damn sure that no matter what the VIN said, I wouldn't have been storing it in a hedge all that time if it was mine.

I am going to call the guy someday. He wants $20K I have his number.

Ya the ac sends up some flags right away...Would take some serious work to turn a non ac car into one...it could be done thou...where is the power steering cooler too? should be mounted on top of the ac unit.....I would have to see the vins my self to believe it thou...And some more pics..lol

I am going to call the guy someday. He wants $20K I have his number.
all due respect..... if he wants 20k for something he's trashed..... no matter how much I would love to have it? I'd tell him to let it rot. i dont send my good money out for idiots.

I couldn't tell you if that could be a Boss or not, but I will say thanks to whoever posted the picture of the backwards spoiler. Looks just like mine... See...

Guess I know what I'll be doing tomorrow. I'm surprised no one noticed it before. I sure didn't know...

uploadfromtaptalk1348345591945.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I couldn't tell you if that could be a Boss or not, but I will say thanks to whoever posted the picture of the backwards spoiler. Looks just like mine... See...

Guess I know what I'll be doing tomorrow. I'm surprised no one noticed it before. I sure didn't know...
Hehehe...Thats a easy mistake...And i never comment on them being the wrong way much..Cause some like them better like that..Or just never noticed it.

Back