Bought a "Garage in box"

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DanCampbell

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Hardtop
OK,

I have my car under a car cover at the moment (outside) but I just bought a "Garage in a box" from Tractor supply 12X20

Not a wood structure but better than just a car cover.

Really looking forward to fixing her up.

Dan

Stock photo attached

12x20.jpg

I bought a sandblaster from a guy who hung tarps on the front and back of one of those and restored an old pickup truck in it! Pretty Cool!

I bought a sandblaster from a guy who hung tarps on the front and back of one of those and restored an old pickup truck in it! Pretty Cool!
This one came with roll up doors, should keep the weather off.

Take the tarp off if there's high wind forcasted, unless it's in a wind protected location,

and tie the poles down real well.

Mine flipped upside down into the neighbor's yard, lucky it didn't damage anything.

That should work out well for some protection. I'm happy with the one I bought from Costco several years ago for my boat. I think mine is 10x20 and it has front and rear doors. It has held up well for about five years now.

Thanks,

I put the metal frame up last Saturday and plan to finish this weekend, I thinking about floor options.

I was going to frame up some 4X4s maybe a 8X10 and put concrete stepping stones in it to make a pad to park the car on.

Thanks,

I put the metal frame up last Saturday and plan to finish this weekend, I thinking about floor options.

I was going to frame up some 4X4s maybe a 8X10 and put concrete stepping stones in it to make a pad to park the car on.
Dan,

Here's how I did mine

http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-great-garage-workshop-on-the-cheap

Wow!

That is great, never thought of that.

Have you ever used a floor jack on that floor? If so did you have any issues?

Great job!!

Thanks,

Dan,

Here's how I did mine

http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-great-garage-workshop-on-the-cheap

Wow!

That is great, never thought of that.

Have you ever used a floor jack on that floor? If so did you have any issues?

Great job!!
Use a floor jack all the time..Just need to place a square of plywood under the jack if your in between sleepers..If your on the sleepers it's not required

I got mine up yesterday, 12X20 so there's actually a little room to work all the way around.

Much better than a car cover for my needs.

Back