Bought a set Trim Rings 15 x 7

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow!! I've been looking for a long time! Unfortunately, I only have the14"   :-/

Would look also very good at my car :cool:

Congratulations!!

Bought a set of trim rings. DOAZ-1210-G. Manufactured 12-22-70. Must be for -71 and newer. Very good condition. Some minor scratches. Would be fine on my Mach 1. Think they are quite rare? Not for selling. For my own use.
Seems that the easiest way is to buy new produced 15 x7 inch rims for my Mustang. Anyone that had bought some? Recommend some supplier? 

Would be good to know. So I can use my original rings and caps to my Mach 1 1973.

Bought a set of trim rings. DOAZ-1210-G. Manufactured 12-22-70. Must be for -71 and newer. Very good condition. Some minor scratches. Would be fine on my Mach 1. Think they are quite rare? Not for selling. For my own use.
Seems that the easiest way is to buy new produced 15 x7 inch rims for my Mustang. Anyone that had bought some? Recommend some supplier? 

Would be good to know. So I can use my original rings and caps to my Mach 1 1973.
I used Wheel Vintiques on my 71. I went for the 15X8, but they offer the 15X7. I caution you to VERBALLY request extra packaging, as it took me 7 rims to get 4 straight ones. It had nothing to do with the rims, it was that Summit shipped them in their original thin pallet cartons and Fedex beat the snot out of them. 

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/wvi-62-5734044/overview/

See if anyone knows for sure. When I was working we hired a couple people that were in Columbia, S.C.. They worked for a company that produced wheel covers and Ford was one of their biggest customers. They use to make the wire spoke wheel covers until Ford replaced with the much cheaper plastic versions. I believe they eventually closed not too many stainless wheel covers anymore.

Does anyone know the name of that supplier? 

Last time I was at the Daniel / Dennis Carpenter facility they were running Ford wheel covers for the Galaxie I believe. They had gotten the original Ford tooling so they are exactly correct. Might be something to ask Daniel about next time I see him. He might be able to get the original tooling.

I used Wheel Vintiques on my 71. I went for the 15X8, but they offer the 15X7. I caution you to VERBALLY request extra packaging, as it took me 7 rims to get 4 straight ones. It had nothing to do with the rims, it was that Summit shipped them in their original thin pallet cartons and Fedex beat the snot out of them. 

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/wvi-62-5734044/overview/
Thanks for that information. I live in Sweden so they must be extra packing for this long handling. Good to know. regards Anders

You cannot use your trim rings that came originally on your 73 Mach 1.  They are for the 14 inch steel wheels offered in 73. No 15 inch wheels were ever offered for 1973 Mustangs.   14 x 5.5 and 14 x 6 were only wheels installed on 1973 Mustangs.  Not sure about the dog dish caps.  

Ray

You cannot use your trim rings that came originally on your 73 Mach 1.  They are for the 14 inch steel wheels offered in 73. No 15 inch wheels were ever offered for 1973 Mustangs.   14 x 5.5 and 14 x 6 were only wheels installed on 1973 Mustangs.  Not sure about the dog dish caps.  

Ray
Ray,

He wants to use the 15X7 rings he bought on 15X7 wheels. I think a little got lost in translation as the OP is in Sweden. The original dog dishes fit fine on the Wheel Vintiques rims.

Ray
Ray,

He wants to use the 15X7 rings he bought on 15X7 wheels. I think a little got lost in translation as the OP is in Sweden. The original dog dishes fit fine on the Wheel Vintiques rims.
I know that -73 didn`t have 15 inch but as I have a set of trim rings in 15 inch. I sure want to have them on my car. It would look nice, I think. Always thought that this is the the coolest rims on them.

Thanks Hemikiller and Dalis. Sorry for the confusion!

I re-read the entire thread - thx to Secluff too for his clarification on the trim rings and caps!!!!

Dalis - I think they will look great! Good to have a set for sure.

Ray

Thanks, yes sometimes a little get lost in translation. Thinking in swedish and write in english. Happy new year on you......:)

Updates? re: 15"x7".... How was form, fit, and function using this Vintage wheel with the hub cap and beauty ring?

Back