Brake booster and vac canister numbers

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stmcatee

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mustang Mach 1
I have some vacuum leaks in my brake booster and vacuum canister. I'm trying to replace them, and I think I know someone who can hook me up. But I need the Ford parts numbers for them. Can anyone help? I could use the numbers for any other years/applications that will fit my car, it doesn't need to be stock. The car is a '73 Mach 1 with factory power disc brakes. Thanks!

I have some vacuum leaks in my brake booster and vacuum canister. I'm trying to replace them, and I think I know someone who can hook me up. But I need the Ford parts numbers for them. Can anyone help? I could use the numbers for any other years/applications that will fit my car, it doesn't need to be stock. The car is a '73 Mach 1 with factory power disc brakes. Thanks!
I believe the booster is a Bendix piece, I don't remember seeing a Ford part number on it. It is available from several source, O'reilly's, NAPA, etc. I don't know if the canister is reproduced or not. If it is, Don at Ohio Mustang can probably get it for you. If not he may have a good used one. PS There is also a valve on the top of the canister that can go bad. Good Luck, Chuck

Back