• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Parts Wanted Buyer Beware

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MustangGuy2k

Reaction score
I was looking for a trim piece for my 72 Fastback. One of the members on here contacted me "externally" and said he knew a guy who had what I need (Albert Wilson albertwilson235@gmail). Well I made a deal for the part and even paid via Paypals but because I bought them under family/friends I could not pull the money back. Needless to say I never got the part and couldn't recoup the money. So beware the PayPal account name was Linda ([email protected]).

SO BEWARE of this person.

Sorry to hear this happened and thank you for sharing with us. Unfortunately, the small percentage of dishonest people out there make the whole process of buying/selling a risk. Lately I have made two deals where I was selling items and the buyers Paypal me money without even knowing me. I shipped their parts right away and followed up with them to make sure they got what they expected. I wish we can say all transactions are like these but unfortunately there are those dedicated to scamming others.

If you even remotely suspect that a PM or any communication from a member is suspicious, please report them to the moderators. The report button is in the lower left corner of all message windows.

1715042705836.png

I do not use PayPal with the family & friends no fee service, unless I truly know the other person personally. If a seller asks for me to use family & friends to save them the processing fee I tell them I will pay the additional fee. If I am asked to use family & friends anyway I look elsewhere for the item.

I do not use PayPal with the family & friends no fee service, unless I truly know the other person personally. If a seller asks for me to use family & friends to save them the processing fee I tell them I will pay the additional fee. If I am asked to use family & friends anyway I look elsewhere for the item.
Good point. The fee is like an insurance.

I was looking for a trim piece for my 72 Fastback. One of the members on here contacted me "externally" and said he knew a guy who had what I need (Albert Wilson albertwilson235@gmail). Well I made a deal for the part and even paid via Paypals but because I bought them under family/friends I could not pull the money back. Needless to say I never got the part and couldn't recoup the money. So beware the PayPal account name was Linda ([email protected]).

SO BEWARE of this person.
I had something very similar occur in the last few months. A person going by Malo contacted me on our site sent me a message via DM to contact someone by email. The name was Zeedet and he had what I was looking for his PayPal name was @DavidMonte398. I searched and there was a Zeedet who had last posted about 3 years ago. Since he received my payment, via "Friends and Family" of course, I had no word dispute my repeated attempts to contact him. Sad that people pray on us like this. 😒

If you even remotely suspect that a PM or any communication from a member is suspicious, please report them to the moderators. The report button is in the lower left corner of all message windows.

View attachment 88430
Ok I just reported Hemi as a scammer 🤣🤣🤣🤣 j/k

Latest posts

Back