Car ART

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
71 Mustang Mach I
351c 2v
highly optioned

67 Mustang Convertible
1 of 35 Diamond Blue
Survivor
my65artbythaMouse.jpg

Drawn by my oldest daughter using the stipling technique

of this pic!

BlackBetty.jpg

The caption was made by the 5 year old sitting in the car after a ride around the hood.

Yeah it hangs on my wall in my office. It was a Chebbie but she made it and its is awesome if I DO say so myself. Can you imagine how long it took ... ONE DOT at a time????? That was 10ish years ago.

Thanks !!!

That is AWESOME!! ::thumb::

I've only done stippling on a few occasions, and had less than stellar results IMHO. It takes a real eye for this to work because "too little is too little, and too much is too much" (which is what my issues were).

What kind of pen(s) did she use? I found that having a set of 7 Koh-I-Noor Rapid-O-Graph or Faber-Castell Technical Pens (from my drafting days) is helpful in controlling dot size - everything from .00" to .9mm makes life so much easier. If she did that with one pen... that's just amazing - she's definitely got the technique down. ::thumb::

Jeremy...that was SO far back even the horses were betting the self propelled car idea would fail... :D

4by.... she could converse on that topic, not me. The talent skipped me and went to her. My brother is pretty damn awesome as well, my aunt got a "ART SCHOLARSHIP" in the 50's!!!!!! Now if you know your higher education standards NO BODY got an art scholarship!!!!!!!! she was eff'ing GOOD! but to the point we are waiting any day for her to cut off her ear. She is WACKO in all other categories...which is the part I inherited. :cool:

I'm more of a pencil guy, myself:

batbreath.jpg

But, I've done some stippling:

Crossfire.jpg

As well as hatching:

McLarensketch.jpg

I'm not so good at hatching and cross-hatching, so I actually lost interest and gave up:

assaultlander1.jpg

Airbrushing is a new fun thing for me:

HellfireTop1.JPG

Jeep_flames_2006.jpg

attachment.php

But I always go back to pencil:

eagle2.JPG

Eric Nice work!

People pay big money for air-brushed "Fire" and is in high demand.

(for the record there were old school flame jobs and now brushed fire)

I have seen some brushed fire and its quite amazing!

Back