Car Shows

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I for one took my one month old 07 GT to the All Ford Show and Chili Bash the Mustang Club of WV puts in in September of 06. I got a trophy. I was happy to drive my own car in behind Mom and Dad's 2001 Bullitt, 73 Mach 1 and 2005 Gt Vert. I wasn't going to enter it but one of the Club Members told me I should.

My main reason for going is to support the Cause they are supporting.
Ditto I enter to support the cause! My car is no where near show quality, it's a weekend cruiser that most people really like checking out. I don't mind the new cars entering the car shows, it supports the cause of the shows and expands the variety of cars to look at. When our club puts our car show on, we want as many vehicles to enter as possible, the money we generate goes to cover our costs and to charities, last year it was food banks for the poor. Bring as many new cars they want.

Jim

I feel that car shows are not for the trophies but to look at the classic cars that are slowely disappearing every day and to share a bit of the history I own, if I want to see brand new cars, I will just go to the dealership and hey with enought time I can even take them out for a test ride.

everyone goes to car shows or cruise nights to see the old cars, classic cars,hot rods it doesn't matter if your car is fixed up or you working on it or its a trailer queen thats what people come out to see,they bring there family or or boyfriend or girlfriend you can see new cars rideing on the streets anytime,thats my 2 cents

+1 for going for support or just to look at neat old cars...Trophies and stuff are ok but not the reason i go...I don't care who wins best of show..lol....But like alot said i seen alot of clubs just voting for eachother and not being real about what car is very nice or not....Our vett club in my area is very huge and they roll into shows and get alot of trophies...They got the numbers on there side...and most are newer vetts i see all the time.....But if that is all they care about..Being the best or whatever...let them keep the trohpies...Too me car shows are about the rides and interesting rare cars...And getting together with freinds and family...spending time checking out what we like and getting out...reason i go ;)

As most have said I go to shows to see old cars and talk w/ car folks , it would be nice if shows would ad a "vintage every day driver" or survivor" class to their shows for people who keep classics running as drivers and not show queens.

My guess is more vintage cars would come if they did

Back