Chevy power windows

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
71 Mach 1
Alright fellas, figured I'd ask since you guys are some of the most knowledgeable car guys I know... We have a Chevy, 86 K5 Blazer that I've been working on getting road worthy since last summer. Someone swapped in an 99 Vortec 350, with the CPSI fuel injection. Well, the throttle linkages and transmission cables weren't matching up, so I went back to Edelbrock manifold and carb, and an HEI distributor. When they wired the computer, alot of wires were hacked in the process, so I've been slowly splicing and repairing issues like lights, gauges, etc.

Anyway, a few weeks ago, the power windows quit working. Investigation revealed some cut wires in the drivers door, and a loose wire in the passenger door window switch. I've spliced, but I think the real issue is in the fuse box WDO circuit. I've switched the circuit breaker, replaced it with a new one, and have had the firewall side of the fuse panel off a couple times. I found a recessed pin that I tried to fix by working it out some, but still don't have power in the fuse panel to the WDO circuits that power the windows, and a couple other 20 and 25 amp fuses that should be on the ignition "ON" power.

Any ideas? I haven't found a comprehensive wiring diagram, other than a few from Mitchell online, but I guess I don't understand the fuse panel wirings.

Alright fellas, figured I'd ask since you guys are some of the most knowledgeable car guys I know... We have a Chevy, 86 K5 Blazer that I've been working on getting road worthy since last summer. Someone swapped in an 99 Vortec 350, with the CPSI fuel injection. Well, the throttle linkages and transmission cables weren't matching up, so I went back to Edelbrock manifold and carb, and an HEI distributor. When they wired the computer, alot of wires were hacked in the process, so I've been slowly splicing and repairing issues like lights, gauges, etc.

Anyway, a few weeks ago, the power windows quit working. Investigation revealed some cut wires in the drivers door, and a loose wire in the passenger door window switch. I've spliced, but I think the real issue is in the fuse box WDO circuit. I've switched the circuit breaker, replaced it with a new one, and have had the firewall side of the fuse panel off a couple times. I found a recessed pin that I tried to fix by working it out some, but still don't have power in the fuse panel to the WDO circuits that power the windows, and a couple other 20 and 25 amp fuses that should be on the ignition "ON" power.

Any ideas? I haven't found a comprehensive wiring diagram, other than a few from Mitchell online, but I guess I don't understand the fuse panel wirings.
Fuseable link in the power circut to the fuse box for the windows ?

Was thinking the same thing Q, but I'm stumped as to where it would be... I do have something slowly draining the battery it seems...

Thanks for the links Roy, I've searched the first one... at the risk of offending some of the folks on those "other" forums, they just aren't the caliber of what we have here :blush: Lots of chatter about not much on those sites!

I suppose I need to go smoke out some Chevy 4x4 guys in town!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back