Chris' Custom 'Vert Build Thread ( For Sale)

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks so much for the complements! I sold my old wheels yesterday, we had to try them on his mustang to make sure they fit. It was REALLY close in the back (we had to bend the tabs on the fender lip), but they ended up clearing and he loves them.

Also got the wheels and tires ordered today from Americas Tire. They ended up being more than $200 cheaper than I thought! I'm so stoked to get them on!

Well... bad news, I got a call from Americas Tire, and they said there is only one 17x7 MB old school in the world. They are producing more as we speak, but it will be June 9th before they can get them. However, since the car will be on jack stands for a month, I will tackle the job of thoroughly cleaning and painting the underside. I'm not gonna go super crazy and strip all the paint off (that would take forever and be absolutely miserable without a lift) but it will look a heck of a lot better.

Well... bad news, I got a call from Americas Tire, and they said there is only one 17x7 MB old school in the world. They are producing more as we speak, but it will be June 9th before they can get them. However, since the car will be on jack stands for a month, I will tackle the job of thoroughly cleaning and painting the underside. I'm not gonna go super crazy and strip all the paint off (that would take forever and be absolutely miserable without a lift) but it will look a heck of a lot better.
My dad has a lift in his garage and last weekend i cleaned and painted the underside. Had some leftover Rustbullet so the most rust prone areas got special treatment. I didnt go super crazy stripping the old paint off either as it really is A LOT of work. Unfortunatly i did'nt take any pics but it looks much better. I mainly just did it to help proctect the future of my car. Luckily my floors and frame is pretty solid but i've seen what can happen from the various cars and projects going on here.

Car looks great, I had my 65 when i was in HS and did the Prom thing in that car. What a blast, many memories.

My wheels came in early!!! Woohoo! Huge shout out to Americas Tire, they have always been great to work with. The wheels and tires came in on Tuesday, and I mounted them up Wednesday morning. They looked awesome, except the front tires just looked a little too small in the wheel wells. I went back in that evening to order new front tires thinking I would be taking a hit for choosing the wrong size. Well they ended up just charging me the $6 difference in the cost of the tires! They didn't even charge for mounting and balancing. He special ordered them as I stood there and they arrived today just in time for the car show this weekend. I ended up with a 225/50/17 on the front and 255/45/18 on the back and I couldn't be happier with the look and ride!

I have 40's up front and I also plan to go larger. You made a good choice. Great looking car. Luv everything about it. Your friends 65 is a 66 I think. White is not as nice as burnt orange metallic under some clear. I drive this one 3 years ago. It now has a 20 year old lady driving it back and forth to nursing school. Great work especially considering your age. Your dad can be proud of what he taught you and what you have accomplished.

6572_1138388912208_1774574_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
So I know its been a long time since Ive posted. Ive been off at college in McPherson Kansas for Auto Restoration. I bought a 1975 Toyota FJ40 that Ive been restoring to help pay for school. During the few weeks I was home I put a new stereo in the mustang from Classic Auto Sound and thoroughly cleaned the undercarriage, sanded, and undercoated it.I also Installed a new glass rear window that is awesome! Mainly just finishing touches. This brings me to my current position. Unfortunately I really don't drive the car very much, and I'm running out of projects on it. Around Christmas time I will be listing the Mustang for sale in order to fund a new project and begin building my tool collection. I wanted to post it here first to see if there is any interest. PM me for more details.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back