Chris' Custom 'Vert Build Thread ( For Sale)

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's been a while, so heres an update on the car.

I got the cowl vents installed and there looking good. I also sent back and got a refund on the hinges so that nightmare is behind me.

I got it cut and buffed and installed the old hinges so my hood fits now.

Car show last weekend. It was a fun show and I got tuns of compliments.

There was a 73 behind me, but I didn't ever see the owner.

Also just got the seat foam and upholstery today from CJ pony parts and TMI. Everything looks top notch and I cant wait to have them installed.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was interested about those seats, can't wait to see how they look installed.

Love that paint!

:heart:

Thanks everybody! I got a new top piston in today because my old one was stripped out and leaking. Also heard from the guy doing my seats that he will drop them off tomorrow morning. He said the look great and are good quality, but they were a bit of a pain to put on. Needless to say I'm pumped to see them.

Got the seats today!

Before i sent them off to be installed, I replaced a couple springs in the seat frame and welded the cracks.

Just bend up the tabs and put the new springs in. much better than just welding the springs back together.

And finally,

Im super happy with how they turned out, they are great quality and feel like a seat out of a new car. One thing to make a note of is that the foam is thicker, so you sit higher. You can help this by taking out the spacers in between the seat and the track, but for tall people this may be an issue.

WOW those are really sharp! They came out perfect. Just out of curiosity how much did the labour cost to get them put together professionally. It seems like its the only way to go with those if you want the best results.

WOW those are really sharp! They came out perfect. Just out of curiosity how much did the labour cost to get them put together professionally. It seems like its the only way to go with those if you want the best results.
Thanks, I paid $450, and it's definatly the only way to go, the guy I had do them has been doing interiors for 20 years and he said they were a challenge to put on. When you add up the cost, it is still reasonable for a full set of modern looking and feeling seats.

Went to a local car show today. Its one of the biggest ones around here and has about 500 cars. It was a lot of fun and I made some new friends. I even got several people wanting me to paint there car! It was cool because they parked all the mustangs together in one area. And to top it all off I won 2nd best mustang, which is a huge honor considering what i was up "against"!

The blue car on the end got first place (as it should have). the whole thing was beautiful, completely custom interior, suspension, motor, EVERYTHING! It was easily north of a $100k car.

Bringin' it home for the "big body" mustangs.

Congrats on the 2nd place ! You really have done a great job on that car. I really love that paint ! Makes me want to change the color of mine . :cool:

I have been wanting to see the sport r seats installed on something other than on the add from cjponyparts. I think they turned out fantastic, you can get rid of that "wrinkling" on the driver side seat by putting a hand held steamer to the vinyl / leather. Otherwise they look great, cant wait to get a pair myself. One thing I have been looking for but cant seem to find is dimensions of the foam, specifically the width between the raised bolstered areas on the side. I am a bit broader in the chest and waist and dont want to purchase something I wont fit in. If you get a chance, can you post dimensions... also good info about removing the spacers to make up for added height.

Just got home from Hot August Nights. I was going to post a video of the exhaust before I left, but I couldn't get it uploaded. So anyways heres the video.

And some pictures from Reno.

There was a 21 and under show this year at Summit. it was cool to see and talk to a bunch of kids my age that were interested in classic cars.I also was lucky enough to win best of show there and got a $100 summit gift card! wooohooo!

Cruizin' Downtown.

There was another 71 vert parked at Grand Sierra. Never saw the owner, but I got some cool stock vs not so stock pictures.

Then we showed in Sparks. Its one of our favorite places because of the shade.

Saw this cool Mach 1 across the way.

Then I got a green piece of paper that said "Don't move your car, you are being considered for an award" that was awesome considering how huge of a show it was. About 30 minutes later I got a purple paper that said "Winner" I was obviously blown away by this.

I was told to stick around until 6:00 when they handed out awards. They had 5 runner up ribbons and one trophy for best of show. They counted down the awards and with each one I got more excited and nervous. When they gave away the last runner up I was thinking I was ripped off or forgotten because there was no way I was best of show. Then they announced my name that I had won! I got the chance to compete in the best of the best show on saturday, and got $250 in cash!

On saturday my car was featured up by the stage with the other three daily best of show winners.

And some other 71s I saw

Over all an incredible trip and I got to see a total of 4 71-73 convertibles and tons of Mach 1s and Coupes.

I have been wanting to see the sport r seats installed on something other than on the add from cjponyparts. I think they turned out fantastic, you can get rid of that "wrinkling" on the driver side seat by putting a hand held steamer to the vinyl / leather. Otherwise they look great, cant wait to get a pair myself. One thing I have been looking for but cant seem to find is dimensions of the foam, specifically the width between the raised bolstered areas on the side. I am a bit broader in the chest and waist and dont want to purchase something I wont fit in. If you get a chance, can you post dimensions... also good info about removing the spacers to make up for added height.
Sorry for the delayed response, the seats have smoothed out with time and heat, so they look much better now. I took measurements from the inside ridges of the bolsters and the bottom is 20" and the back is about 18". The spacers are just in between the tracks and the seat frame, so when you unbolt the frame they simply fall out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back