Chris' Custom 'Vert Build Thread ( For Sale)

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That car is stunning. I love the color and everything looks really well done. Lots of cool things to modernize it without taking away from the classic look. Good job.

Thanks so much everybody, I haven't done much with it since summer, I still love the seats, and I got some new door panels for Christmas that I still need to put in. In other news I'm applying to a college called McPherson in Kansas. It is the only school in the word to offer a 4 year bachelors in Automotive Restoration, so I'm really excited about that. We were going to go to the 50th anniversary Mustang cruise in Vegas, but we decided to visit the college instead.

Thanks so much everybody, I haven't done much with it since summer, I still love the seats, and I got some new door panels for Christmas that I still need to put in. In other news I'm applying to a college called McPherson in Kansas. It is the only school in the word to offer a 4 year bachelors in Automotive Restoration, so I'm really excited about that. We were going to go to the 50th anniversary Mustang cruise in Vegas, but we decided to visit the college instead.
Hey! thats pretty close to me if you need some practice...:D

i'll bet its the color that does it,.. well , for me it sure does.. very nice looking Convertible you have there!!

Prom pictures! Luckily the weather held off and the mustang got to be my chariot to senior prom! We had a great time, and of course she loved the car.

A friend from school just finished painting his 65 mustang and wanted to buy my wheels. I didn't think I was quite ready for wheels yet, but he is giving me a good price, and I found some sweet wheels and tires at Americas Tire that are not much more than I am selling mine for! I'm going with the MB Old Schools in a 17 for the front and an 18 on the rear.

(I KNOW! I KNOW! Camaro on a Mustang forum...) But this is the setup I am getting.

DSCF1065.jpg

Ideally I would get some 3 piece wheels from Billet Specialties or Mht, but I would want new brakes for them to look right and another $4,000 isn't in the budget!

While Im waiting on the new wheels I decided to make a nice home for them. Im cleaning and painting the rear wheel wells, which is stage 2 to having the whole underside clean and nice!

Undercoating has kept everything nice and fresh! WooHoo!

Wow! She's a lucky girl to hang out with you! I like your choice of wheels, and am anxious to see them on your Stang! What size tires will you going to use?

-Travis

awesome job..

If I might ask what color did you use.. its exactly what I was thinking for my car..

Wow! She's a lucky girl to hang out with you! I like your choice of wheels, and am anxious to see them on your Stang! What size tires will you going to use?

-Travis
Haha, thanks! I'm going with a 255/45/18 on the rear and a 225/45/17 on the front. I'm ordering them tomorrow and hopefully they will be in in about a week or so!

awesome job..

If I might ask what color did you use.. its exactly what I was thinking for my car..
Thanks! I mixed a custom color from PPG. It is very translucent so I had to put on 6 coats of base to even it out.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think your car is in the very cool mustang category

Love the colour, rims and strip

Very cool

Back