CJ Pony Parts at the 1969 Mustang GT500 Auction

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
01 Bullitt
Nearly everyone in the Mustang community has heard of this 1969 Shelby GT500 that was discovered as part of an estate with only 8,531 original miles. The estate auction put on by R. Gilligan Auctions was held in Centre Hall, Pennsylvania. CJ Pony Parts was there to see this lost Shelby get a new owner for the first time in 45 years.

I’ve been following this story since it hit social media a few months ago. I recognized the car from photo’s my co-worker showed me a year or so back. He too has a 69 Shelby GT500 w/ 20k miles, same color, but his is a conv. The owner of the one auctioned apparently talked to my co-worker at a car show and mentioned he had one and listed the name of the town in which he lived. My co-worker drove down streets many weeks looking in open garage doors for this car until one day he found it. At that time the owner said he would never sell it, but was glad to show it off. Apparently you can see his handprints on the dusty floor in early released pictures where he tripped over stuff in the garage. Still surprises me how many of these cars are found today. Neat story.

Back