Classic Industries ?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
73 Grande will undergo three phase build process. Phase 1 is complete (driver). Phase 2 is interior/exterior restoration. Phase 3 is ++ performance.
I’m body metal parts shopping, doing the comparison thing between the places I can drive to, to pickup those large, stupid-expensive to ship parts. And, one of those I’ve added to the spreadsheet is Classic Industries. For the metal parts I need, they are the lowest price. Good guys, trouble, run?

I’m considering them because they’re in Huntington Beach, which is close for me. NPD is in Ventura, another hour further than them.

Another related question, what do you guys know about the manufacture OER? Besides the trunk floor I need, which is Spectra, their fenders and floors are from OER.

Last edited:
My experience with OER was with their driver side window glass, purchased through Classic Ind. I ended up trying 3 of them before I gave up and settled for the lease pathetic one. There was so much distortion in the glass that I couldn’t determine what the image was in the side view mirror (in the first one they sent). Classic was helpful in sending multiple units but never found one without significant distortion. My next attempt will be ordering from a local vendor that handles OER products and inspect the glass at the store before accepting it. I have been unsuccessful locating another door glass vendor that offers a side glass for the 71-3 Mach1. Living with the distortion in the best one I received is beyond irritating. Does anyone else know of a decent vendor for this particular side glass?

OER is simply the name of Classic Industries wholesale division. They do not "manufacture" any of the metal, they simply import it from the myriad of factories in Taiwan that service this market. So depending upon their sourcing, it could be identical to ours (NPD), or different, I have no way of knowing. Just letting you know that OER is not exclusive tooling for Mustang sheet metal. Best-quality-sourcing in Taiwan is a COMPLICATED subject. But most of the major 71-73 panels are manufactured by the same factory on the same tooling.

I suspected OER was owned by Classic; their websites looking identical was the first clue. While price is an important criteria, service and support are more important to me.

I bought a radiator support for my son’s ‘94 Mustang GT from Classic. It fit OK, it did need a bit of tweek and there was an issue with mounting one of the airbag sensors that I had to work through, but otherwise it was a decent part for a aftermarket/repo.

I’m body metal parts shopping, doing the comparison thing between the places I can drive to, to pickup those large, stupid-expensive to ship parts. And, one of those I’ve added to the spreadsheet is Classic Industries. For the metal parts I need, they are the lowest price. Good guys, trouble, run?
I've had no problem with them, just don't buy windshields from them. They must have an insurance scam going on their windshields. I received 3 different ones all damaged in the same corner, which led me to believe they have an insurance scam going on them and are trying to get rid of a fresh broken batch from China.

Back