• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Parts For Sale Comp roller rockers and cam

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
Green on green 72 Mach 1
Last edited:
Hey guys, don't forget, you should never reuse the lifters. If it's going back in the same engine in the same location, maybe it will work, but it's far better to use new lifters with a used camshaft. Nobody wants to wipe a cam and have to do a complete rebuild, just because you wanted to save the $115 that a new set of Comp Cams Hydraulic flat tappet lifters costs. The rockers are worth the 100 bucks, and the cam another 100. If the pushrods are the right length, they are reuseable. The lifters, however, should be going in the recycle bin.

I'm not trying to rain on anyone's parade. I just don't want anyone to wind up making an expensive mistake.

Where in Tennessee are you guys?

Hey guys, don't forget, you should never reuse the lifters. If it's going back in the same engine in the same location, maybe it will work, but it's far better to use new lifters with a used camshaft. Nobody wants to wipe a cam and have to do a complete rebuild, just because you wanted to save the $115 that a new set of Comp Cams Hydraulic flat tappet lifters costs. The rockers are worth the 100 bucks, and the cam another 100. If the pushrods are the right length, they are reuseable. The lifters, however, should be going in the recycle bin.

I'm not trying to rain on anyone's parade. I just don't want anyone to wind up making an expensive mistake.

Where in Tennessee are you guys?
I agree and I wish I kept them in order but forgot about them when I rotated the motor over. Too bad because I’m sure they are better than most new ones.
I’m in Mount Juliet just East if Nashville

I'm up in the Tri-Cities area, about 4 hrs from you. Been through Mt Juliet many times before and during our move from the Memphis area to Jonesborough. We don't get over to Nashville much anymore.

Anymore, I really prefer to use hydraulic roller cam and lifters, but they are more expensive than the flat tappet cam/lifters. Still, not having to worry about wiping the cam, for me, is worth the extra cost.

Back