Down the "more power is always better" rabbit hole?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have to appologize for my tone. As I re-read my postings I think I sound a lot like I'm preaching, and I don't mean to. I've had a 351c project in the works for a long while now, that I've had to start all over again with the block, but hopefully, not too long from now, I'll be able to post up details of the build. It is a fresh engine, top- to- bottom, with a handfull of modifications and aftermarket components, but all is for improvement, not necessarily max dyno numbers. I think there will be quite a few people enjoying not only the process, but the thinking behind the task. Anyway, the new block is enroute as we speak, to the machine shop ( block #3 ). I personally have waited 3 months on the #2 block only to find it was unuseable, and now, with the new block, I need to order yet another set of pistons, so the cost kinda doubled, but now is the time to do it right. Machattack, here on the boards, recently completed his '71 Mach, and he's done some engine and suspension mods. We grab a morning cup of coffee now and then. No doubt we'll want to compare notes in " an impromptu acceleration survey". Photo is me working on a customer's FE.
You gotta love the Ford FE engines! Chuck

I've always been an "engine guy", and not just Fords, ( although I've had a handfull ), working in a performance and restoration oriented machine shop that's been in business since '65 has given me the opportunity to work with all makes and models of popular engines. There's a lot to like out there, older engines are each differently unique and cool to work with. There's not many at all that I'd shy away from. I suppose being older gives one that perspective. Shown, L to R, '68 426 Hemi, stroker Pontiac with street dress-up, '48 Olds straight 8, LT-1 Chevy for 'Vette, 390 AMC oiling modification, 250 Ferarri resto.

Attachments

• IMG_3264.JPG
    IMG_3264.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3335.JPG
    IMG_3335.JPG
  • IMG_3333.JPG
    IMG_3333.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
  • 20160113_174900.jpg
    20160113_174900.jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 0
  • AMC-9.jpg
    AMC-9.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3419.JPG
    IMG_3419.JPG
That 250 sure is spiffy....

detritus.......man, I'm telling you, those 250s are really spiffy. To look at it here in the photograph, it might appear to be menacing to mess with, but a simpler, more no-nonsense V-12 you'll never find, really an engine to like. It has a simple short stroke, steel crank, four bolt ( studs ) main caps, strong rods, adjustable roller rocker arms, and very conventional in design internally. Lightweight, high revving, it's the Ferarri engine sound you hear in the movies. If you click on the photo, it will open to a full page shot, and behind me, is a Lamborghini V-12, I did those too, but I don't think half as much for the Lambo, as I do for the 250 Ferarri. The car it goes to is a 6-figure sports car......No fear!

Back