Contemplating a 429

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here was my last project. It was a basket case 1971 Corvette non original 350 with an auto trans that I bought at the Charlotte autofair. I did everything on this car myself including paint and body, interior, suspension, building and installing the 454 and converting to manual trans. The only exception was installing the new convertible top. That was way too expensive to screw up for never doing it before. One of the nicest upgrades I did after it was built was adding a tremec 5 speed. That was night and day difference compared to the Muncie.

It was a 10 year project that when it was done I had 2 kids so a 2 seater was useless and my interests were far different from when I started! I am also 6'5" 255 so I looked like an ape driving a bumper car!!!!

My goal for the Mach is to keep it running and driving so I can enjoy it while I work on it. This way I doubt I ever lose interest.

http://s114.photobucket.com/user/BlackRat_Vet/library/corvette
Nice looking vette!

...I'm a little disappointed, however...couldn't find the ape driving a bumper car pic :)

Hey man if you want a 429 I have one and the cast iron tail shaft C-6 to go with it out of a 72 Highway patrol car. I also have a Steel crank out of a Super Duty 429. The heads on the HP engine are the same as CJ.

I would go with 351 much better engine and much less cost. If you are interested in engine I am just a few miles away and will never use it.

The 4 speed for the 429 had the large input and the 351 did not unless Boss 351, but you can have that changed to what you want.

David

Back