Conversion to Sanden AC Compressor

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jmonahan43

Reaction score
My Car
71 Grande Coupe
I am about to get the AC going and I see that there is a flat adapter plate for the Sanden compressor. What I need to know is if I will still use the old bracket that has the idler pulley on it? I have it and it is ready to go on, but it was off the car when I bought it and only the base mount is there. I will have to pull the fan hub off if I need to reuse it.

If you are running a V-8?, I can send you a photo of the scroll compressor that is on my wifes 73 Grande with a 351C. I have not looked at the brand name but the automotive scroll compressors are close to the same size. The AC system was updated before we got the car.

If you are running a V-8?, I can send you a photo of the scroll compressor that is on my wifes 73 Grande with a 351C. I have not looked at the brand name but the automotive scroll compressors are close to the same size. The AC system was updated before we got the car.
I would really appreciate the photo of how yours is mounted. I have a 351c 4v and the comp. was gone when I bought the car, but the bracket with the original idler was in a box of parts. I am going to buy the necessary parts to get the AC going and then get it charged, but I just don't want to mess something up, or leave out something when I go to get it charged and running.

Thanks,

Jim

If you use the flat plate bracket with the ear mounts for a Sanden/Seltec on the original York bracket, you'll need to use the stock idler pulley. If purchase a bracket with adjustment built into it, no need for the idler pulley, but I would prefer the former.

Back