Convertible Well liner rods

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 H Code Convertible
Hi guys. Have had my well liner out for a while now, and putting it back in I'm not sure about the rods. Are they just weights to hold it down, or are they supposed to fit in some hole some place? The one towards the front seems to be too short to fit in anywhere so that one seems like just a weight, but how about the rear one?

Thanks!

Greg

Hi guys. Have had my well liner out for a while now, and putting it back in I'm not sure about the rods. Are they just weights to hold it down, or are they supposed to fit in some hole some place? The one towards the front seems to be too short to fit in anywhere so that one seems like just a weight, but how about the rear one?

Thanks!

Greg
Hi Greg,

I hope everythings going well with your Mustang.

I myself am not really sure about your rod question, so i should not be the one giving you any sound advice to help you.

However, i've just had a new top put on my '73 a few weeks ago by a very good quality trimmer here in Brisbane who knows the A to Z of the whole thing. If you're interested, i can give you his name and contact details, and he would be happy to answer any questions you have i'm sure.

All the best for now,

Austin:) (Greg)

Hmmmm...I thought the rear rod went through a sleeve and had little springs to attach it on both ends to the trunk framing to keep it 'boxed out'

Mine never had any springs or anything like that, but that doesn't mean this is not how it's supposed to be:) Can some of you please take a couple pics of what the well liner looks like from the trunk? The rear rod is the one I'm concerned with at the moment.

Unless some one else can do it sooner, I will try and take some pics tomorrow evening and post them up.
Sorry I did not get the pictures posted, I had to go out of state unexpectedly for my aunts funeral.

Here are some pics in case you still need them.

PA090858.jpg

PA090857.jpg

PA090856.jpg

PA090855.jpg

PA090854.jpg

PA090853.jpg

PA090852.jpg

Thanks Mike. If your's is original that settles it:) Springs it is.

However, I have found with my current setup that I can pull the rear rod tight enough to hold it where the sping latches on the bottom of the supports in your pics. Hence eliminating the need for the springs.

Thanks again guys!!:)

Thanks Mike. If your's is original that settles it:) Springs it is.

However, I have found with my current setup that I can pull the rear rod tight enough to hold it where the sping latches on the bottom of the supports in your pics. Hence eliminating the need for the springs.

Thanks again guys!!:)
I had the well material replaced in 2010 when I had the top done. Those are the original springs.

Back