Cowl or no cowl

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
NASA hood,of course is against the law to mess with:cool:
Oh boy I'm in trouble:(

Guess the NASA hood police are going to be knocking at my door rofl

Ive been wanting to play with one and see what I could do, BUT am not about to start cutting on my NOS Nasa hood. Maybe some day I"ll find one that isnt to good and then I can play.
Hey Pappy I'm with you on that NO WAY I was going to start cutting up a brand new oem nasa hood..Just buy an aftermarket like I did..They are one of the better aftermarket repro pieces..They fit pretty darn good ! So my plan is to have 2 hoods..The oem nasa & my modified aftermarket nasa.
NASA+-OIG-SA.JPG

I'm not a fan of the cowl induction look, especially the big ones. Half that size might be ok. My favorite is a working NASA hood....now that is cool!

I am personally a fan of the Nasa style of hood. But, I do have to agree with the "it's your car" sentiment.

I like the Mach 1 hood as is. If you want the cowl hood I'd go with a flat hood.Use the link posted by PappyHarold (US Body), bottom of far left side under custom scoops, two choices for steel cowl scoops. I'd prefer to weld the scoop on. Chuck

NASA hood,of course is against the law to mess with:cool:
Oh boy I'm in trouble:(

Guess the NASA hood police are going to be knocking at my door rofl

Ive been wanting to play with one and see what I could do, BUT am not about to start cutting on my NOS Nasa hood. Maybe some day I"ll find one that isnt to good and then I can play.
Hey Pappy I'm with you on that NO WAY I was going to start cutting up a brand new oem nasa hood..Just buy an aftermarket like I did..They are one of the better aftermarket repro pieces..They fit pretty darn good ! So my plan is to have 2 hoods..The oem nasa & my modified aftermarket nasa.
NASA+-OIG-SA.JPG
BUMP for my Qcode friend:cool:

i recently bought a dark horse racing hood that has the naca ducts with a cowl on top. planning to cut a hole inside to let the air filter go to top of cowl. hoping to use a 5" element with stock air cleaner and ram air plate. it cost me 750.00

Sweet! I absolutely love the NASA hoods, but I'm also a fan of a nicely done cowl induction hood. It's a little tall for my liking, but still rocks the cowl induction look very nicely.

Can't wait to see how you make it work on your car! ::thumb::

Had the Dominator hood on my car for a couple years. Well made, but was a pain taking off by myself. Finally made it to where I could use hinges, but the biggest issue was the blind spot while driving. If you notice our windshields don't give us a whole lot of vertical viewing area as it is. Adding a cowl hood really makes it annoying to drive and short people who already hate looking over the tall dash really hate driving/riding in it with a cowl hood. Just something to think about. I was glad to replace mine with a NASA hood when the time came.

Back