• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Decal for NASA Hood

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Ford Mustang Mach 1, 429 Super Cobra Jet, 4.11, Detroit Locker
While applying decals to my NASA hood, I discovered that I only have one of the "351 RAM AIR" decals. Anyone have an extra one? Willing to trade for a small part from my pile of parts. Thanks for your consideration.

While applying decals to my NASA hood, I discovered that I only have one of the "351 RAM AIR" decals. Anyone have an extra one? Willing to trade for a small part from my pile of parts. Thanks for your consideration.
I had two and put them on a stand at work last week, sorry

Send me the stand. I'll peel them off and see what happens.

Send me the stand. I'll peel them off and see what happens.
Would be a whole lot cheaper to buy you a decal. LOL

You can buy the decals from most Mustang parts houses. You can also occasionally buy them as NOS on Ebay, but the problem there (I speak from experience) is that these are generally so old that they don't come off the backing properly and get totally screwed up. The repros from reputable parts houses are indistinguishable from the NOS ones, and are a heckuva lot cheaper.

I agree with Jeff. The blue is close to Bright Blue metallic. But, of course, the decal goes on the argent portion of my hood.

As a follow up, I found an old "351 RAM AIR" decal from previous restorations and applied it my NASA hood. Had some trouble--as with all old decals--regardless whether they were NOS or not. Time will tell whether it will stay put. Thanks for all the suggestions.

Advice for all you married guys: Don't forget--Valentine's Day is on the horizon. The wife needs roses more than the Mustang needs its next part. After 33 years of marriage to the same beautiful red-head, I still take my own advice. Thanks for listening. Dare me to show a pic of our first date: a Valentine Banquet!

I agree with Jeff. The blue is close to Bright Blue metallic. But, of course, the decal goes on the argent portion of my hood.

As a follow up, I found an old "351 RAM AIR" decal from previous restorations and applied it my NASA hood. Had some trouble--as with all old decals--regardless whether they were NOS or not. Time will tell whether it will stay put. Thanks for all the suggestions.

Advice for all you married guys: Don't forget--Valentine's Day is on the horizon. The wife needs roses more than the Mustang needs its next part. After 33 years of marriage to the same beautiful red-head, I still take my own advice. Thanks for listening. Dare me to show a pic of our first date: a Valentine Banquet!
OK I'll bite...I dare you:cool: Thats is a stand we built to test flow meters for our water system. They are used to verify cooling water flow to our equipment down in the tunnel for those of you who watch the video.

TN...What the heck is that ? Your still for cooking race fuel to feed that monster motor of yours ? :D
:whistling:

Last edited by a moderator:
Double Dog Dare You! Let's see it! haha

Mom\'s quilt 017.jpgThanks for all the "dares". Now I have to come through with my challenge. Pic taken on Valentine's Day, February 1976, at a sweethearts banquet. My first date with a beautiful red-headed lady, a southern belle from east Tennessee. Her Tennessee southern accent was so pronounced, that when she said yes to my marriage proposal (later on) I had to ask her to repeat it three (3) times simply to understand what she said. Thirty three years and counting. God is good.

Thanks for all the "dares". Now I have to come through with my challenge. Pic taken on Valentine's Day, February 1976, at a sweethearts banquet. My first date with a beautiful red-headed lady, a southern belle from east Tennessee. Her Tennessee southern accent was so pronounced, that when she said yes to my marriage proposal (later on) I had to ask her to repeat it three (3) times simply to understand what she said. Thirty three years and counting. God is good.
Easy on the East Tn accent now:p And looks to me like you married up.:D

Great picture (we love that outfit, huh, Roy?) and a great story. Here's to 33 MORE years of wedded bliss! God IS good.

Doc
DOC, looks like you are not the only PIMP in the neighborhood. Man where did that say PIMPIN AINT EASY come from, seems everyone was doing it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back