Decision Time... Advice?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

quick fuel carbs look way awsomer and are even easier to tune.

qftp850-ct.jpg
Dude,

That's pretty much just a Holley with the Iron Man treatment ("While you're at it, throw on some Hot Rod Red.") :whistling:

Sounds like you just need a minor rebuild to fix carb problem,sounds like the needle and seat just need replacing .
He's probably right, you know. :cool:

Sounds like you just need a minor rebuild to fix carb problem,sounds like the needle and seat just need replacing .
True, But if I am pulling the carb anyway, seems sad not to slap a new intake and carb to give it a little more pickup off the line. Again, I am not unhappy with the current carb, just seems fairly inexpensive and easy to slightly upgrade it. I know without out a new Cam and Headers, I won't be getting the full benefit, but some is better than none.

I guess on the flip side, with just rebuilding, I keep it all original.

Last edited by a moderator:
True, But if I am pulling the carb anyway, seems sad not to slap a new intake and carb to give it a little more pickup off the line. Again, I am not unhappy with the current carb, just seems fairly inexpensive and easy to slightly upgrade it. I know without out a new Cam and Headers, I won't be getting the full benefit, but some is better than none.

I guess on the flip side, with just rebuilding, I keep it all original.
Well, back to this. I finally got around to pulling the Carb off to start the rebuild and found a couple of issues with it. At this point, I am not going to proceed with the rebuild. So I guess I'll be ordering an intake and carb and converting her to 4v.

I'll bee looking for the write ups on the board and may be posting more questions. Thanks for everyone's help so far!!!!

OK - I gotta chime in with my Edelbrock fan-boy rhetoric. rofl

The Edelbrock Performer 351C-2V intake drops right on - no muss, no fuss. Right on top of that, the Edelbrock 1406 Performer (600 cfm w/electric choke) 4-bbl drops right on top of that, with no modification to the factory accelerator cable necessary - bolt it up and go.

One of my friends [who swears by Demon carbs] had an issue with one he'd purchased about 4 years ago - couldn't get it to quit leaking from the bowl. Tried to get the Demon folks to honor their warranty, and they kept either blowing him off, or sending his carb back without having been worked on (saying it had been repaired or couldn't find anything wrong with it). He switched to an Edelbrock - and is much happier now.

I recently rebuilt a Holley 750 4-bbl for a friend of mine (with an actual Holley rebuild kit), before I took it apart to being the process, noticed the varnish build-up on the housing immediately below the seals where the bowl adapters had leaked (granted, it had been sitting on the car for at least 15 years since the last rebuild - hint... hint...).

Edelbrocks don't leak, since there are no gaskets below the top cover. The only issues I've ever really seen are an occasional stuck needle valve when you leave it sitting too long and try to run that bad gas (read - varnish-grade fuel) through it (which is usually overcome by tapping on the top cover or removing it to unstick the needle valve if necessary).

Just my two pennies. :whistling: :cool:
Question regarding this setup. All of the Performer 2750s I am finding specify "Non-EGR" However, my stock manifold appears to have EGR. Will this work?

you do NOT want an egr intake . . if you buy an intake that has a heat cross over, plug the cross over with the small metal plates provided in some gasket kits.

buy a quick fuel sl650vsf carb.

buy a holey vacuum secondary spring kit and try lighter springs until you get the best performance.

properly curve your distributor timing.

if you have a low compression engine, increasing compression will increase power.

Back