Deluxe door panel repair or replace

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alarmrick

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mach 1
351C-4V
I have a 1" tear in the vinyl on the armrest of a 71 Mach 1 with deluxe interior. I also have power windows. I can't seem to find a door panel to replace it with. Has anybody done vinyl repair and will the repair be visible and hold up? Can anybody tell me where to get a replacement door panel with the power window cutout? Any help is appreciated . Happy fourth .

Rick

I can order the new panels with no window crank handle holes.

But no manufacturer cuts out the PW switches.

There are different holes for 71-2 and 73 - You will need to cut and fit the switches yourself

Don

I can order the new panels with no window crank handle holes.

But no manufacturer cuts out the PW switches.

There are different holes for 71-2 and 73 - You will need to cut and fit the switches yourself

Don
Don, Thanks for the quick reply. Can you send me something showing the price? No rush. Enjoy the holiday weekend. I'll talk to you on Monday.

Rick

I don't have [factory] power windows in mine, but I believe the power window switches are located in the same punch-out locations as the manual window cranks. Obviously, the driver side will require a larger opening...

1971_ford_mustang_mach_1+interior2.jpg

Hi Don,

Mustang Market was happy to take an extra $40 to cut out my 73 power window holes.

They were also happy to cut the door handles for another $40. Seemed pretty bogus to me that even the door handles did not come with cutouts but were an extra charge. Even the door handle pulls had to be drilled as well as the door lock grommet.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't have [factory] power windows in mine, but I believe the power window switches are located in the same punch-out locations as the manual window cranks. Obviously, the driver side will require a larger opening...

4x4 -Thanks for the tip. It saved me a few dollars.

Back