does headliner fit under the drip rails/door molding?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jacobsd3

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mach 1
Hi all, just got my car back from paint and starting to put the interior back together. I was going to install the drip rails/roof molding and then the weatherstripping but thinking back i seem to remember some pieces of headliner stuck to the underside of the molding. Do i need to do the headliner first and then attach the moldings as a bit of the headliner goes under them?

Hi all, just got my car back from paint and starting to put the interior back together. I was going to install the drip rails/roof molding and then the weatherstripping but thinking back i seem to remember some pieces of headliner stuck to the underside of the molding. Do i need to do the headliner first and then attach the moldings as a bit of the headliner goes under them?
Welcome to the site! You may want to post an introduction thread. Of course we all like to see pics and hear more about your Mustang!

Looks like maple leaf gave you a great answer!

Cool thanks for the pics, didn't wanna get too far ahead of myself putting stuff in and have to take it back out for the headliner. Looks like its basically one of the first things to do after the sound deadener/insulation goes in.

I'm interested in this too, thanks for the pics Abudi! I'm going to archive those photos...
if you look at my boss restoration you'll find a a lot of helpful fotos.

abudi

Back