• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Driver side power window rear pancake motor needed

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mach 1 M Code manual steering manual brakes power windows air conditioning fold down rear seat NOX emissions system medium yellow gold ginger interior
Looking for a working driver side pancake motor for my 1971 Mach 1 thank you

Do you have one? If so go to the West Coast Cougar web site and look how to rebuild or at least help it. If you don't know how to get the case halves apart you can destroy a good motor. I think Left and Right same. They are on eBay at times.

David

If someone on this site doesn't have a good used one, you should be able to source one from a parts house such as NAPA. This motor was pretty commonly used across the Ford product line. LTD/Galaxie, Torino/Fairlane, 67-76 T-Bird, Granada, and a few others used this motor. So availability shouldn't be a problem. If you didn't want to go that route you could always contact one of our on site member/venders such as Don (Ohio Mustang Supply) or CJ Pony Parts. :)

EDIT: 1971Mach1MCODE, please disregard the info in my post. Must of had a brain f**t and missed the "Pancake" part of your post. All the info I gave was for the door motor. Your best bet would to do as Carolina_Mountain_Mustang suggested and look at West Coast Cougars site. The 69/ Cougar used the same motor and had a Cougar part number.

Last edited by a moderator:
If someone on this site doesn't have a good used one, you should be able to source one from a parts house such as NAPA. This motor was pretty commonly used across the Ford product line. LTD/Galaxie, Torino/Fairlane, 67-76 T-Bird, Granada, and a few others used this motor. So availability shouldn't be a problem. If you didn't want to go that route you could always contact one of our on site member/venders such as Don (Ohio Mustang Supply) or CJ Pony Parts. :)

EDIT: 1971Mach1MCODE, please disregard the info in my post. Must of had a brain f**t and missed the "Pancake" part of your post. All the info I gave was for the door motor. Your best bet would to do as Carolina_Mountain_Mustang suggested and look at West Coast Cougars site. The 69/ Cougar used the same motor and had a Cougar part number.
I was just going to ask about that, lol.

LOL...Would of been some angry folks leaving the parts stores. Just happened to reread the question AFTER posting and said %$"!#, I can't believe I did not catch the "Pancake" part. I always try to review my responses so just this sort of thing doesn't happen. Guess what I didn't do this time? Sure glad I caught it and was able to offer a "Pay No Attention" response. A lot of people are here for trustworthy, accurate info, so I always try to make sure that is what I give when responding to a post!! Does seem like with 5 years usage on the Cougar and 3 on the Mustang someone would offer some form of a replacement motor.

Hi there,

Yeah, it would be pretty much common knowledge around the Forum that the old original pancake motors were sadly not reproduced,which makes them a rare thing to find these days if you're trying to get hold of one. As Carolina Mountain David said too, there are a couple of great tutorials out there on how to fully restore, rebuild,and recondition the original motors that have broken down or given up working. They can be given a new lease of life so to speak and put back into full working service. So if you have one already, but it's broken, then that can be good news for you.

However, if you want to get hold of one, then you'll have to do the rounds like Don from Ohio Mustang, West Coast Cougar, E bay, our own on site Vendors, any Forum members who might want to sell one on, and of course, the good old Google search engine. If it turns out that you have put a lot of time and effort into finding one, but have come up with nothing, then might i suggest to turn to an American company called Nu relics. They actually make complete replacement power window motors and regulator arms specifically designed to be used with our '71 to '73 Mustang quarter windows.It's a plug and play setup, as you remove the old original window gear completely, and then install the new setup, and you're on your way. These units are quality products too. I believe they make the best power window replacement products in the world at the moment.

So that could be an option you might like to consider if you strike out trying to find an original pancake motor. Best of luck anyway.

http://www.nu-relics.com/

BTW - At the moment, you can't buy reproduction pancake motors or regulators for power window setups for 123 Mustangs. Just another example of the many parts that are not reproduced for our cars. Going second hand is about the only way around the problem.:mad:

Greg.:-/

I believe I may have a couple of these motors as well as some switched and bezels. Let me know if you haven't resolved your problem.

[email protected]

Well the good news is about pancake Motors I spent a couple weeks researching them mine were just completely shot but I rebuild them and they are strong and fast so if anybody needs them rebuilt I have the knowledge LOL

Marcel Clay.. You are a con artist and a thief.. I sent you $20 for two shifter bezels a month ago that you never shipped.. Took my money and never responded to any of my messages or emails..

Everyone on this site.. Beware of Marcel Clay (71Mach1MCode).. He will rip you off... A deadbeat seller... Deceitful....Criminal..

Contact me Marcel Clay and get this criminal act of yours cleared up..

Back