E-Brake Assembly

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 H Code Convertible
Hi all. Just thought I'd report on the install of a new aftermarket E-brake assembly. I bought this one:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/280944154975?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

It fits perfectly and works very well. My original one was loose and worn, and it would not hold as the pawl that the gear locks against was very worn. This is one aftermarket part I am very happy with. It also comes with a new handle as shown, and new pad with stainless surround. The only problem a purist might have is that the entire assembly is painted black as shown, so it doesn't look 100% original.

Greg

Thanks for posting your review on the e-brake Greg, I've just ordered one myself based on your recommendation.

When I bought my car three years ago the worn pawl would cause the brake to disengage so I fashioned a new pawl to the same dimensions which has worked like a charm ever since.......but I've never truly trusted it completely like I would a factory made part.

Looking forward to installing it over the xmas break (but not looking forward to the lying upside down on the floor trying to reach the vent-ducting bolts which need to come out first to get access to the e-brake mechanism....)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back