Easy cleaning of caked on greese and grime

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You painting or powder coating those brackets? I powder coated all mine. They turned out really nice. I bought the Eastwood powder gun kit. I have used it a ton with great results. I even shot my intake with satin clear to keep the aluminum looking new.
How are you baking the powder coat? I was thinking about getting the gun but haven't completely figured out how I'm going to cook everything yet.

You painting or powder coating those brackets? I powder coated all mine. They turned out really nice. I bought the Eastwood powder gun kit. I have used it a ton with great results. I even shot my intake with satin clear to keep the aluminum looking new.
How are you baking the powder coat? I was thinking about getting the gun but haven't completely figured out how I'm going to cook everything yet.
I am using an old electric oven I picked up off Craigslist for free. Two of the burners were broke but the oven worked. It works very well for small parts.

Well, I'm glad I read that! I thought that I read on this forum that oven cleaner was the way to clean your Bright window trim during restoration. Looks like that is not worth the effort.

I have had outstanding results from purple power. Same thing, 30 year of axle grease on the back of the magnum 500s. Spray the Purple Power on, wait a few minutes, hose it off.

kcmash
I have been using EZ off oven cleaner to remove the anodize coating from my aluminum trim. Then polish it back up.
Do you have it ready anodized, or how do you manage the corrosion of the aluminum as it ages?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Well guess I can say I'm going to see how it goes. I did not have the trim re anodized. The trim was so milky looking it looked like crap next to the new red paint. I been maintaining it with never dull wadding polish with out to much effort.

I am using an old electric oven I picked up off Craigslist for free. Two of the burners were broke but the oven worked. It works very well for small parts.
Lucky and brilliant! I want to do my dif but somehow I don't think that'll fit in a oven. I was thinking about using a heat gun and a laser thermometer. I'd have to baby sit it and it'll take a few hours but it should work... I think... I'm still a LONG way from doing it so I have time to figure it out.

Back