electric cooler fan

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
Mustang Mach 1 (1973)-351Ci-4V
Hi,

I go use a cooler fan from a Chevrolet Volt.

My question is :

the connector has three cables, what function has the white one?

- red(+)

- black(-)

- white (sensor fan speed- two steps ?????)

See pic

eddyw

Should be low/high. I've used quite a few sn95 Mustang fans and they had ground/low/high terminals. OEM suppliers do not always conform to "standardized" wire colors so be sure to check.

Should be low/high. I've used quite a few sn95 Mustang fans and they had ground/low/high terminals. OEM suppliers do not always conform to "standardized" wire colors so be sure to check.
Where do i connect the white cable when i use this item(see link)?

http://www.mustangsunlimited.com/itemdy00.asp?T1=DA236+01
Well if you're going to use a basic relay like that you will have to choose between the low or high and run it at one speed or use two of those. I would be concerned with the current draw required by the high side unless you have done charging system upgrades. I assume you are going to hook it up to key power or a switch. The hot ticket is to use a thermal sensor to trigger the relay. If you used two different value sensors and two relays you could utilize the low high correctly. Running high output fans on key power can act like using too low a thermostat value. Depends on the engine build.

Back