engine wiring harness

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chargis1973

Reaction score
My Car
1973 mach 1
351 clevland
i have a 73 mach 1 no tach. im trying to figure out some wires that are up by the fire wall, its a set of about 4 plugs and i cant figure what they r for. one plug goes to coil not sure where the rest go.

i have a 73 mach 1 no tach. im trying to figure out some wires that are up by the fire wall, its a set of about 4 plugs and i cant figure what they r for. one plug goes to coil not sure where the rest go.
If it is the flat connector

That would be coil, water temp, oil press

Square plug would be for trans back up lts, nut safety sw

Don

2n8o2mh.jpg

Pic of the wires

The four pin flat: male: oil; female white/red: water temperature; female green/red: coil; final female red/yellow: carb solenoid.

Man u guys rock!! I've been tryin to figure this out for weeks, then I joined this forum and in less than 24 hours I got the answer!!

Man u guys rock!! I've been tryin to figure this out for weeks, then I joined this forum and in less than 24 hours I got the answer!!
Too bad I didn't have a chance to respond first...you would still be moaning and groaning and swearing.

Ok so whats the round white plug, the 3 pin flat and the 2 square plugs?

Ok so whats the round white plug, the 3 pin flat and the 2 square plugs?
Round white plug is shifter lamp (PRNDL) plug

2 square plugs: one is Neutral Safety Switch and BackUp lamp switch

second square plug is wiper plug

3 pin flat: stuff that goes to the emissions control.

The four pin flat: male: oil; female white/red: water temperature; female green/red: coil; final female red/yellow: carb solenoid.
The round white plug that is red and yellow hash marked you said is carb solenoid??... well I have a holley 4160 with electric choke and the person before me had a red jumper type wire comming off of the starter silenoid going to the electric choke??... is that red and yellow hash marked wire with the white plug by the dash supposed to plug into the electric choke or both the jumper off the starter silenoid and the red and yellow hash marked wire supposed to be plugged into the eletric choke or and I able to delete the jumper and just use the red and yellow hash marked wire only??... im a begginer and really confused to whether or not the person before me just rigged somethong... because I want it to just be right??...

If you have an aftermarket carb, you can ignore the red/yellow wire with the white round plug.

Latest posts

Back