Engine work

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, as a newbie it looks like a complete engine rebuild, except that maybe the heads might have made it through OK?

So, what are your plans? A stock rebuild? Or now that you've unbuttoned everything, maybe a bit of cam or bore and stroke or anything along those lines?

For my rebuild, I'm planning some significant mods but nothing for the strip really, so I'm interested in your rebuild and plans.

Do you have 2V or 4V heads?

Good luck!

Doc

that is depressing, i will make a suggestion that will cost some more money but may give you a piece of mind.

Ask them if they will dyno the motor, or can dyno the motor for a fee,,, if the engine blows up on the dyno its the builders problem because you didn't take delivery. if the motor blows up in the car on the first drive with no dyno then its your problem.

so example its easy today to wipe a cam during break in. if it doesn't go on the dyno you will be good to go.

OUTSTANDING suggestion regarding dynoing the engine!!

It will add a bit to the cost but is certainly worth the "peace of mind" in the long run.

BT

Back